cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe Flooding In Nebraska

Due to severe flooding in Eastern Nebraska, packages mailed may be delayed. Right now, all highways and roads in and out of my town are under water and are blocked by sheriffs. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My thoughts go out to you and yours.  Stay safe.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

USPS services have been suspended TFN for many  towns in the Missouri River basin in Nebraska and Iowa. Flooding is extensive and many towns are isolated. eBay needs to extend seller protection to sellers for what will surly be late shipping and delivery......

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Post office here has been closed for days since roads and highways are under water and bridges out. They just opened up, but mail from last week is stacked up. They said they will try to get it out someway, maybe by helicopter, but packages will be late.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Over the past week, eastern Nebraska has experienced historic flooding.   At this time, Fremont, NE, where our four warehouses are located, is completely cut off due to this flooding.  There is no way in or out of the city.  The flood waters came within a block or two of our warehouses and we are thankful that our properties remain high and dry.  The flood waters began to recede on Sunday and this morning the authorities are going to start making assessments of the roads and bridges leading to Fremont.

Our Fremont employees have gone above and beyond to reach our warehouses, despite the risk of their own homes being flooded and the possibilities of being cut off from their families, they have remained and saw this through.  Their actions have been no less than heroic.

We do not know, at this time, how long it will be before shipping can resume.  The latest news reports are indicating that many of the roads are in very bad shape after the water receded.  We do not know when Federal Express will be able to send trucks to pick up our shipments.  We are waiting for word this morning.

We ask for your patience during this time.  We have spoken with Federal Express and they are planning on sending trucks as soon as the DOT opens up safe passage.  

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@eileens*emporium*shoppe wrote:

Due to severe flooding in Eastern Nebraska, packages mailed may be delayed. Right now, all highways and roads in and out of my town are under water and are blocked by sheriffs. 

I'm in Lincoln. Ran across this on Instagram:

Message 6 of 6
latest reply