cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Invoice

Hi.  I am unable to send an invoice.  Sent one and it was fine.  The second one has this error message--red panel telling me something went wrong and to try again later. Anyone else? TIA

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Sending Invoice

Why do you need to send an invoice? The buyer knows how much they need to to pay. 

If the buyer hasn't paid yet, sending invoices will only reset the clock for you to cancel for non payment. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

Hi.  Thanks for your response.  Purchase is over 30 days for 2 items, within 30 days for 1 item.  Trying to send invoice for 1 item that is under 30 days, and adding additional charge to take into account the 2 items that are over 30 days.  Without an invoice, can buyer just pay increased amount, if I message her what the amount is?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

Sorry, butting in here.  

Just have a question.. 

Can you do that?

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

Hi.  Thanks for your response.  Purchase is over 30 days for 2 items, within 30 days for 1 item.  Trying to send invoice for 1 item that is under 30 days, and adding additional charge to take into account the 2 items that are over 30 days.  Without an invoice, can buyer just pay increased amount, if I message her what the amount is?

If it's been over 30 days you may not even be able to send and invoice and why would you want to? If the buyer has not paid by now they are not going to simply cancel the order using non-payment as the option and relist the item. 

Actually I am surprised eBay has not already canceled the order automatically if it's been that long. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

It is  a regular buyer who buys alot but waits to make the shipping worthwhile.  Buyer always pays.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

I guess not, since system is not letting me.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

Why do you need to send a second invoice?  Was there something wrong with the first one?

Keep in mind that each time you issue an invoice to a buyer, it changes your sale date to the date of the invoice.  That can be problematic if you have the need in 96 hours to cancel a transaction for none payment.

So don't send an invoice just to remind a buyer to pay.  They do get reminders from Ebay when they don't pay, so just sit back and wait for payment.  If it doesn't arrive in 96 hours, the cancel the transaction for non payment.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

It is  a regular buyer who buys alot but waits to make the shipping worthwhile.  Buyer always pays.

If the buyer is wanting to consolidate items to save on shipping may want to simply consolidate the two items, or more, into a custom lot of them. list it, let them buy it and cancel the other orders with buyer requested. Lots of quirks in your situation so maybe the best route to go. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

Be careful here.  The last time I asked why an invoice needed to be sent, was pretty clearly chastised by someone here.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Sending Invoice

Thank you.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply