cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

I AM DOWN 30% OVER LAST LAST WHY BECAUSE EBAY NO LONGER OFFERS FREE LISTINGS WaKe Up EBAY

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Selling

All sellers get 50 free listings per month.

Sellers with stores get 250 or thereabouts.

Why do you say eBay doesn't give free listings?

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Selling

As @chinohighcowboys1963 said, every seller gets 50 - do you expect them to dole out more to you? Or did I misunderstand something?

You can always sign up for a store if you're in need of more.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Selling

You have sold somewhere north of 25K items. You are a business and businesses have expenses. Why do you think Ebay should treat you like a charity?

Free listings encourage SOME people to dump junk on Ebay that they don't value enough to pay to list. Free listing times were terrible for buyers. The system slowed down and buyers had to dig through piles of junk. Many sellers stopped listing during free listing periods because it wasn't worth the effort.

This way is much better.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Selling

@inkydynk wrote:

I AM DOWN 30% OVER LAST LAST WHY BECAUSE EBAY NO LONGER OFFERS FREE LISTINGS WaKe Up EBAY

LOL. We both agree that someone needs to wake up - we just differ on who that is.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Selling

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

You have sold somewhere north of 25K items. You are a business and businesses have expenses. Why do you think Ebay should treat you like a charity?

Free listings encourage SOME people to dump junk on Ebay  (snip) The system slowed down and buyers had to dig through piles of junk. Many sellers stopped listing during free listing periods because it wasn't worth the effort.

I see that mentality with a lot of the sellers that have stores.  They paid $xx for the item and will list it GTC until is sells.  And most of it is junk that can easily be found cheaper on other sites, that clogs the search engine and bogs the site down.

OP, the reason ebay is cutting back on freebie listings is that now that they have gotten sellers dependant on them, they will cut back so the sellers will start paying upfront fees (like opening a store) to get more listings up.  Result, more money in ebay's pockets with the seller doing the paying.

I have observed that ebay will offer up freebies before the quarter ends so they can keep numbers up for Wall St.  Doesn't look good when ebay has a half empty site compared to last quarter and sales are about the same.

(*Bleep*)
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Selling

OP - your sell thru rate is 100% - many of us wish we had the same as most average between 10 - 20%. With that kind of sell thru rate - 20 cents for a BIN listing is not unreasonable.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Selling

The OP's sell thru appears to be around 50%, 1118 listings in completed, and 650 sold, which is really good for an ebay seller, but about 50% shy of 100%.  And I suspect that their sell thru is about to drop like a rock as most of the sold items were Christmas nick nacks and the percentage of solds on the first page of expired is about 20% and Christmas oriented and Christmas is over.

(*Bleep*)
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Selling

Doesn't look good when ebay has a half empty site compared to last quarter and sales are about the same.

1/2 empty???

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Selling

@dhbookds wrote:

Doesn't look good when ebay has a half empty site compared to last quarter and sales are about the same.

1/2 empty???

By the same thinking that says 20% growth.  Whatever was number last quarter is the baseline and any change is noted from that.  So if ebay doesn't hand out freebies, there will be less items listed on the site and it will be half empty compared to the last quarter baseline of full. 

Wall St will be asking about last month there were 4 billion and now there are only 2 billion and sales are the same, what's up with dat, Devin?

(*Bleep*)
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Selling

@retrose1 wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

1/2 empty???

By the same thinking that says 20% growth.  Whatever was number last quarter is the baseline and any change is noted from that.  So if ebay doesn't hand out freebies, there will be less items listed on the site and it will be half empty compared to the last quarter baseline of full. 

Wall St will be asking about last month there were 4 billion and now there are only 2 billion and sales are the same, what's up with dat, Devin?

If that happened, they’d call him a genius.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Selling

I just gotta ask...if you can't roll 30 cents into your selling price and still be competitive, well....
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Selling

No, you're down because you're not prepared to list anything unless it's FREE.

They already give you 50 free a month.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Selling

inkydynk wrote:

Oh, I completely understand!  I can't stand the fact that I don't get to use everyone else's sites for FREE. 

I have now gravitated to being totally entitled, and now feel that they owe me all the free space I want to take from them!  How dare they not give it for free, as often as I want and whenever I want it. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Selling

@lookng2015 wrote:

No, you're down because you're not prepared to list anything unless it's FREE.

They already give you 50 free a month.

OP has a store. S/he gets at least 250/250 a month.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 22
latest reply