cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling on all my existing accounts if my selling limits are restricted on only one.

My main account was suspended due to extreme life circumstances completely interrupting my life. I have a couple other accounts I was beginning to post on, they were also suspended. To reinstate my account  I had to pay back some money, which I did, and after verifying a few things about myself  with ebay, the suspension on the accounts were lifted. My main account has currently has a  selling limit of 5 items and 100 bucks, which I have filled. My other account does not have such restrictions, but I have only sold one thing on it so far, because I don't know if I can without ebay thinking I'm trying to get by selling restrictions. I only want to.post maybe 5 things,  will ebay shut me down for that? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Selling on all my existing accounts if my selling limits are restricted on only one.

"extreme life circumstances"...restart with the one account only...what if "extreme life circumstances completely interrupting my life"....return?....

Maybe buy some inexpensive items so you get that feedback back as a buyer as well as a seller.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Your not allowed to use or open another account to get around suspensions.  eBay will ban you for life if you do.    Since the selling limit is from a suspension, I would not try it. 

If a user opens a second account and it has new user limits, they still can use their other account without worry.   Your case is a little different and I think it's would not be allowed.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I would say ebay limited you no matter how many ids you use. As previously stated you could end up losing your ability to sell here.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@simba6 

I think you skipped over the part in the OPs post that said the suspensions were lifted.

"To reinstate my account  I had to pay back some money, which I did, and after verifying a few things about myself  with ebay, the suspension on the accounts were lifted."

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@yourbestchoicebuy 

Your selling limits won't last forever. Continue to list items with good clear descriptions and pictures and ship on time. 
Sellers are evaluated on the 20th of each month. You can request an increase in your selling limits every 30 days. 
Good luck. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@yourbestchoicebuy wrote:

... the suspension on the accounts were lifted. My main account has currently has a  selling limit of 5 items and 100 bucks, which I have filled. My other account does not have such restrictions, but I have only sold one thing on it so far, because I don't know if I can without ebay thinking I'm trying to get by selling restrictions. I only want to.post maybe 5 things,  will ebay shut me down for that? 

Each account has its own, separate limits.  If you are no longer under any suspension, then each of your IDs can go ahead and list up to its limits.  Clearly eBay has linked your accounts. If they wanted a low limit to apply to each account, they would have set those limits.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

To reinstate your account, you had to "pay back some money"? To whom? I don't understand.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No I did see that.   Since they are still limited from the suspension, I was not sure if they should try to get around it.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The OP said that the suspensions had been lifted. There is nothing to "get around." Every seller account has listing limits; some are lower than others for various reasons. The OP is planning to use an existing account, not planning to set up a new one.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply