cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling item buyer makes false claim

Ok I sound item my buyer the next day after I shipped made claim with payment institution said didn't receive item. Of course he hasn't gave it time to arrive. 45 days later he changes the dispute to not as recieved so I looked tracking up he refused item and I never received it back. Will I be able to get paid for this item? Ebay refunded him. Because payment institution favor him. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Selling item buyer makes false claim

@scbi_54 wrote:

So buyer is not obligated to send my item back? He just gets his money and I get my item lost and no money? 

When the buyer goes through their credit card, the seller almost never gets the item returned.

Have a great day.
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

When he opened the original dispute with his financial institution it was the day after purchase he filed didn't receive item originally on Nov 12th. Well I responded immediately with tracking info. He then on December 28th change dispute to not as described so I immediately same day provided tracking history showing he refused it because of course if he refused it that's plenty proof he don't know what item looked like he never opened package. Now my package is lost. 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Tracking shows since November 29th when he refused it the package has went from one facility and back to another and keeps repeating. So I contacted usps they can't locate this item. 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Well shouldn't he atheist did as ebay says in policy and accepted item then start return. And how can he change his reason for dispute

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

File an insurance claim with USPS if they cannot locate the item. I am gathering from the additional info you provided that you disputed the chargeback and it appears as though the financial institution has not ruled one way or the other regarding the chargeback at this point in time. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

No the financial institution somehow decided in buyers favor 

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

No the financial institution somehow decided in buyers favor   

I did not catch that in the chain but it does not surprise me since the buyer refused the shipment. The financial institution could care less about eBay's policy and MBG. Seller could attempt to appeal the case under the seller protection eBay offers for chargebacks but it would be an iffy situation as to whether they got reimbursed by eBay. The other option is to file a claim with USPS since the package appears to be lost. Seller can take one of the two paths but not both. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I've spoken to management person from eBay who was supposed to submitted appeal manually ever heard that 

Spoken?

The phone reps don't work for eBay. They are subcontractors, working from home in Utah during the lockdowns. They have little or no authority.

You can reach eBay employees through Chat, FaceBook or Twitter.

Chat will phone you back, usually fairly fast.  But the typed conversations give you a transcript which you can review to see if what you understood was what was actually said.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply