cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Silver items to Germany

Hello sellers--- I inherited some sterling silver items from my German grandparents.  I thought they might sell better to German buyers.  I saw lots of new regulations for sales to Germany.  Do these apply to sterling silver ? If the buyer uses a freight forwarder, do I have to comply with all of the requirements ?  If so what are the requirements for sterling silver ? Same if I use EIS. What are the requirements for sterling silver ? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Selling Silver items to Germany

@boscobosco12 wrote:

I saw lots of new regulations for sales to Germany.  Do these apply to sterling silver ?

Where did you see lots of new regulations, and what did they say?

We can't really help you determine if they apply to sterling silver if we do not know what regulations you are referring to.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi--- ebay did a podcast Ep 198 on the German packaging act. I still do not understand it but I think I have to register under LUCID if I mail directly or through EIS. Also see website www.ecosistant.eu.  It seems to me under EIS ebay should be the one registering because I think they repackage, but I am not sure,  My understanding is my responsibility ends at delivery to U.S. EIS site. Similarly if Buyer uses a freight forwarder, my responsibility should end at delivery to forwarder.  The regulations apply to e sellers, that is clear.  I would like to know if any sellers have sold to Germany recently either directly, through EIS or a freight forwarder.  I am thoroughly confused.  I am not sure if I do not sell items but just mail them to relatives as a gift if I can do it without registering, 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Babe,

If your silver is good at a good price you can easily sell it here in America 🇺🇸 

& save yourself unnecessary stress selling overseas!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You can go to the USPS.com website and drill down until you see the restrictions and prohibitions for Germany. If silver is restricted or prohibited, don't try to sneak a shipment of it past their customs. You could have it disappear and become a total loss if it is not returned to you.

Sell it here in the US, where risks like buyer scams can still be possible, but greatly reduced.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@boscobosco12 

Yes, eBay handles the EU regulatory issues if you ship through EIS:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping/faqs 

Does eBay handle new requirements like harmonization codes and packaging/Lucid requirements, or will I have to do it myself?

eBay takes the work out of selling internationally! We handle EU and other regulatory requirements for you at our domestic shipping hub.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply