cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Internationally

Hello,

I have posted an item on eBay for sale in the United States.  Since then I've been contacted via eBay Messages buy a person in the UK that asked if I would be sell the item to him and ship it via USPS. I've agreed to do that, but he has asked me to invoice him to begin the process. I'm fairly new at eBay, and this transaction isn't following the pattern where the buyer purchases the item which prompts me to ship it out. 

Is what the prospective buyer asking normal? If so, how do I invoice him per his request?

Thanks,

Scott

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Selling Internationally

You can't create an invoice on a nonexistent purchase. You need to add international shipping to the item for your buyer to purchase. You will need to know how to fill out a customs form as well. 
Read up on shipping internationally 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Selling Internationally

I would tell the prospective buyer that you'll change the listing to use ebay's EIS (ebay international shipping) and then he can purchase the item.  It will cost the buyer more money but it'll make your life a lot easier. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Selling Internationally

It would have helped if you had told us which item you are talking about. You are already enrolled in the EIS program. However, EIS has some constraints and the UK tends to be one of the more problematic countries to ship into due to import constraints. 

What exactly is the potential buyer seeing when they try to purchase the item? If they are getting a message that the seller has not specified a shipping method for the UK that is a potential issue. If you ship directly you will need to specify a shipping method other than EIS for the item and you become responsible for adhering to the import laws and filling out the customs forms. Depending on what the item is and the value there may also be some VAT that the buyer will have to pay before they can collect the item. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply