cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Entire Contents of Online Store and Need Advice

Hi everyone!

I am selling the entire contents of my online store and wanted to reach out to the community for advice.  I just want to make sure that I have covered everything in my description and if I have missed something that might be of importance.  I have drastically reduced the price as health issues for me is a pressing concern.

Please let me know if I have left something out of the listing or perhaps added information that is not useful.

I appreciate each of you taking a look for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235422181493

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Selling Entire Contents of Online Store and Need Advice

If you're selling everything in one shot, you should end the all the other listings.

In your description give a detailed list of everything the buyer will receive.

Have a great day.
Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@houseofblair 
   I would....
   I have 15,000 listings on eBay right now.
This listing is for ALL of those items (every item I have listed at time of sale). 
"View sellers other items" to see these listings.
Average running listings per month is xxxx (based on the last 12  months)
Average items sold per month is xxx (average based on the last 12 months)
Average sales per month is $xxx (average based on the last 12 months)

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

These Boards are not supposed to be used to direct us towards your listings, per eBay rules.  

They're asking for advice on an unusual sales situation.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Thank you for such helpful advice.  I do need to get better pictures and over the next day or two, take some while the weather is decent and I can open up the garage door.  It should shed more light on the cabinets.  

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Thank you for your helpful advice.  I don't want to take all the listings down and just have the one listing only because they wouldn't know what they are getting.  I can list it out in my description but most people want to see what is included.  If my inventory sells, I will immediately take all of the listings down.  Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

What a good idea.  I need to include some of that in my description.  I'm also trying to appeal to magazine collectors who don't sell online.  I have had a few inquiries in this regard.  As far as sales statistics, I think I will respond to questions about that information and reply personally.  Not sure I want to put financial information out on the listing.  Thanks bunches for all your help!

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Thank you everyone for such helpful advice.  I am going to take down the listing.  I have someone who is local who may be interested.  If he does not purchase my inventory, I will put the listing back up.  Wish me luck!

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@houseofblair wrote:

Thank you everyone for such helpful advice.  I am going to take down the listing.  I have someone who is local who may be interested.  If he does not purchase my inventory, I will put the listing back up.  Wish me luck!

That would be the best solution!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I thought I saw this post last year.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Still don't understand.  You've been selling successfully here for over 10 years and are asking for advice.

And, yes, sorry, but your message still smacks of trying to drive people to your site.  

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@houseofblair 
   I'd be very interested in YOU helping US as well.
Compare your next months sales (items, not $$).  With last months sales.
How many items did you sell the 30 days prior to submitting the BIG ALL listing.
And how many items did you sell the next 30 days.

I think this will be interesting information

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

I'm getting older and have health problems.  Been making more mistakes lately in some of my listing.  Sometimes we all need a disinterested person to look over what we write.   I have updated listing with this valuable information some of which I simply overlooked.  It's always good to ask for advice from others.  

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Thank you for the clarification.  To me, it seemed like an odd question for an experienced seller.

"Please let me know if  I have left something out of the listing . . ." would obviously require the reader to look at his listing(s).

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@houseofblair wrote:

I'm getting older and have health problems.  Been making more mistakes lately in some of my listing.  Sometimes we all need a disinterested person to look over what we write.   I have updated listing with this valuable information some of which I simply overlooked.  It's always good to ask for advice from others.  

If I decided to list everything in my store in one lot, I definitely would be asking for advice, and I've been selling everywhere for years and have NO health problems. It's a big undertaking!

A guy once sold his 'life' on eBay - everything he owned, including a car and an old boat, except for his house. I never did find out what happened with that.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Thank you for those kind words.  In the last six months, I was diagnosed with cancer (had surgery) and now something to do with the brain (always thought I had brain damage...LOL).  Things have become a little clouded to me and I think it is because of all the medications I'm all currently.  Even revising some of my singular listings, I have noticed that in the past my mind just wasn't cooperating with me.  Again, thank you for your kind words.  I needed that today.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply