cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Digital Products on Ebay

I have digital products that I currently have listed on Etsy but because of the high volume of digital listings on Etsy, my items are not selling well at all.  I would like to sell them on Ebay instead because I think I would get better results.  I found a program online that claims to help with this, called "3DSellers" that claim to be listing software for Ebay. Can anyone tell me if this software can be used for digital products and/or if you are aware of the process or other means for selling digital products on Ebay?

I thank you for your time!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hey,

What kind of digital products are you selling? Do you mean like daily planners etc? If 

so, those are not allowed on Ebay. Are you referring to something else?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There are rules for selling digital products on eBay.

You can read about it here:

Electronically delivered items policy | eBay

• Electronically delivered items that are not allowed, include:
    • Software keys the seller is not authorized to sell
    • Digital copies or codes of movies that were included as part of purchasing a physical movie item. The seller needs to include the physical disk with the sale of the digital copy or code
  • Sellers need to be eBay approved to list electronically delivered items outside of the Everything Else > Information Products category 
  • Sellers not approved by eBay to list electronically delivered items need to list their items in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format
  • Exceptions to this policy include electronically delivered:
    • Tickets 
    • Domain names 
    • Digital trading cards 
    • Online gaming virtual items 
    • NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) may be sold only when they follow the below requirements:
      • Sellers must meet the selling requirements described in the Products with eligibility requirements policy
      • NFTs cannot contain content that is adult-only in nature, infringes on intellectual property, or doesn't follow eBay policies
      • The listing price cannot exceed $10,000 and may not use Auction format or Best Offer
      • They may be listed only on the eBay site where the seller is located
      • They must be listed in the correct NFT category and may not be listed in multiple categories
      • They may not be sold in combination with a physical item, and the returns policy must be No Returns Accepted
      • NFT minting services are not allowed
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Digital or electronically delivered items are not allowed to be sold on eBay unless you are approved.You must first be approved by eBay to sell them If you are not approved you will only be allowed to list them in Everything Else> Information Products category in Classified ad format.

Please see Electronically delivered items policy

If you see others selling similar items, it is only because they have not been reported and taken down yet.  
As for your question about 3Dsellers software, I never heard of it. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I sell digitally delivered tumbler wraps.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply