cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No views

I’ve been selling and buying on here since 1999. I’ve always gotten at least views even if something did not sell. I sell popular items and I don’t believe I am overpriced but some of my items have not even gotten views. I’ve lowered my price on a few and still no views. I have never had this happen in over the 24 years I have been on here. Any insight as I haven’t sold in a while so like what’s changed?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No views

Your items might be out of season right now & buyers are focusing on other things while surviving the challenging economy.

Don't worry about the view counts. Just list, monitor the competition, & hang tight.

Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No views

Times have changed, people's interests have changed with the times. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No views

@annabelles-attic wrote:

I’ve been selling and buying on here since 1999. I’ve always gotten at least views even if something did not sell. I sell popular items and I don’t believe I am overpriced but some of my items have not even gotten views. I’ve lowered my price on a few and still no views. I have never had this happen in over the 24 years I have been on here. Any insight as I haven’t sold in a while so like what’s changed?

The major change that happened several years ago (4 or 5?) is that eBay no longer counts Bot views  (Google, Bing, Duck Duck Go etc.) that used to give you 2, 3, 5 or ? views within the first couple of hours.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

No views

The ship cost on those sheets is pretty high. I recommend switching from Priority to Ground Advantage.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No views

Your items might be out of season right now & buyers are focusing on other things while surviving the challenging economy.

Don't worry about the view counts. Just list, monitor the competition, & hang tight.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No views

Ok. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

No views

First- Views used to be all views, including those from the Seller and from roving robots. Today they are only from actual humans browsing.

Second- you have only four items listed. (And two Sold- so actually you are doing very well statistically)

Third- There was a surge in online buying during 2020 and 2021. That ended abruptly in 2022 when B&M retail opened up

Fourth -Many unemployed or underemployed started selling online. That meant more competition.

Fifth- The Amazon factor- many found it was easier to buy online than to go to the mall , so many big box stores  expanded their online business.

Suggestions:

List every day. At least one item.

Check your shipping rates.

Can you afford Free Shipping?
DON'T PANIC!

Free shipping means you have put your shipping costs into your asking price. Buyers love it.

Which is cheaper a $10 item with $5 shipping? A $15 item with Free Shipping?

And what will be the buyer's reaction to a $19.99 item with Free Shipping?

Ship internationally-- look into the eIS Seller Protection program for international sales.

List every day. I said it before, but the more items you have the more sales you can make.

List elsewhere- you have to be very organized, but having your wares on eBay and etsy and FBMarketplace and Mercari, gives you four places your buyer can find you.

And as mentioned, what was hot in 2001 may be dead now.

Remember the youngest Boomer is 59 and most of us are retired and downsizing.

Sell to the younger set either those setting up households (28-38) or empty nesters redecorating and renewing their lives (40-60).

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No views

By the way, a No Returns policy is not a No Refunds policy.

It is generally considered that a No Returns policy leads to more Not As Described claims that the friendlier "30 day returns", because the buyer believes you will not be helpful with problems.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply