cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers

Guys I need your help or advice. I sold a sealed phone on march 31, and on my profile i dont accept returns. 

Now the buyer messaged me wanting to ask a question and requested a return at the same time saying the phone is defective while not elaborating what defect the phone has.

Any idea on what should i do? I messaged the buyer and he hasn't replied. The phone was like 400 bucks so, i dont know what to do

Screenshot_20230404-223955_eBay.png

Screenshot_20230404-224027_eBay.png

Screenshot_20230404-224511_eBay.png

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Sellers

well he hasn't replied but requested the return, and ebay says my funds are on hold, so its strange i havent gotten a reply from him.

Not really all that strange to not hear from the buyer once they have opened the return request. You should go ahead and accept the return and issue the buyer a return shipping label. Do NOT refund the buyer until you have the item back. Even if you do not get back what you sent you will need to refund the buyer. Sorry but eBay gives sellers little protection from scammers. Not unusual for them to hold your funds in a case like this. 

The other down side to this is since the buyer specified that the item was defective eBay will fully refund them but they will also expect you to cover the FVF's on the item. Let us know how this works out there are some actions you can take if you do not get your phone back.     

Message 16 of 63
latest reply

Well, of course, if you accept the return -- and really you have little choice -- then you don't refund until you get the item back in your hands.

Only makes sense, right?  

Message 17 of 63
latest reply

i looked the address up and looks like this,  a warehouse. So is probably one right? Do i just accept the return and hope for the best?

Picsart_23-04-05_11-26-32-783.jpg

Message 18 of 63
latest reply

Do i just accept the return and hope for the best?

@pemand-73 

Yeppers. 🙌

Message 19 of 63
latest reply

There is no such thing as no returns

Message 20 of 63
latest reply

@pemand-73 wrote:

well he hasnt replied but requested the return, and ebay says my funds are on hold, so its strange i havent gotten a reply from him 

Picsart_23-04-05_00-00-41-783.jpg

Picsart_23-04-05_00-00-18-968.jpg

You don't have to wait for a reply, just accept the return and provide a shipping label.

Have a great day.
Message 21 of 63
latest reply

@pemand-73 

Did you look to see where the buyer is registered? US or elsewhere?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 22 of 63
latest reply

I provided the ebay label now, says the buyer has until april 26 to return it. kind of outrageous he has like 20 days to return it but the time windows they give you as a seller are way shorter

Message 23 of 63
latest reply

How do i look that up?

Message 24 of 63
latest reply

Click on his user ID or feedback number. The account country is towards the top of the page.

Hope you get your phone back. It is possible....

Posting ID
Message 25 of 63
latest reply

is from the united states

Message 26 of 63
latest reply

Let us know how this shakes out. You have received solid advice from many experienced sellers. 

Have to wait to see what gets returned or not returned.

Keep an eye on the carrier tracking.

Posting ID
Message 27 of 63
latest reply

Also make note of the deadline for them to return by then you can call ebay to close the return if pass date.

Also report any bad actors. Some here say nothing gets done on reporting a buyer but each report to an user id is saved. 1 report does not kick a buyer or seller out. Once a pattern is establish things change. Sucks for the seller who get scam before they get caught but eventually it gets them.

Message 28 of 63
latest reply

There is no such thing as no returns

Actually there is but there is no such thing as no refunds. All that "seller does not accept returns" means is the seller does, or may not, want the item back. It only applies in the case of a remorse return and the sellers ability to deny the return. 

Message 29 of 63
latest reply

Just some friendly advice for the future.

Don't say "I just dropped the phone at USPS."

An international buyer may really think you DROPPED the phone and it was damages somehow. LOL

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 30 of 63
latest reply