cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers who don't have product on-hand.

I wish ebay could monitor sellers (especially foreign sellers) who don't have items on hand until they post & sell one. It's always been a process but has become the normal practice for a lot of non-domestic sellers lately. It can add 3+ weeks to the delivery time. With the pandemic slow down an item can take over 2 months to arrive. I despise giving negative feedback & went years without doing so but lately I have 3-4 times warning future buyers to be ready to sit on their hands & wait if they buy from certain sellers. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately, it has been a fact of commerce for a very long time, and not just foreign sellers.  Foreign sellers just jumped onboard with the advent of the 'global community' and the communication technology 'advances'.  There was a point in time when sellers and companies were more 'up front' about production and shipping, 'Please allow 6 weeks for delivery'. 

However, they develop the smartphone and instant communication, but they still use the 'truck' and not the transporter.  Now, many are looking for delivery 'yesterday', and companies are obliging them with unrealistic estimations and little 'truth in advertising', in the competition for sales.  Some try to deliver, and some just talk about it.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

eBay allows product sourcing from dropshippers, where the seller does not actually have the product in their direct control.  Delays in shipping is due to the postal system slowing down during the pandemic.   International shipping is especially impacted.  Choose sellers in the US  if you want faster shipping. But don't neg sellers for something eBay allows. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply