cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers and Buyers in Hurricane Zone.....

Please y'all STAY SAFE!!!

eBay will be there AFTER this disaster. Please put your lives (and the lives of your pets) FIRST.

Get the heck outta there if you can!!

The country and indeed much of the world is praying for you..

If you need to get FAR FAR away, come on up north to Washington.. 

I'm at the base of St Helens- got lots of acres and lots of woods.. Bring your motor homes, trailers, tents, I don't care.. We'll make room for ALL of ya...

Hugs & PRAYERS!!!!!  Pika           Smiley Angel.gif

MODS- Please don't move me to the Soap Box.. I don't know anyone there.. I'll be scared..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Sellers and Buyers in Hurricane Zone.....

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

You are such a wonderful person, Pika.    heart

I second that; but you are wonderful, heart, too, Rainbow!Smiley Happy

Oh now I'm blushing!  Thank you both, @pikabo-icu and @castlemagicmemories.  

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

@siberians_forever wrote:

@pikabo-icu

Pika you just made me smile knowing good folks still exist Smiley Happy

@Anonymous

Trinton, This gal deserves a medal Smiley Wink

@siberians_forever

Oh my! Are you there, in the zone Sib??

I said prayers for every one of you last night and again this morning..

I'm hoping & praying it passes you without much destruction. 

I hope you all check in periodically here so we know you're ok..

I keep watching the news and even though the storm is getting down graded the flood waters are more dangerous than the winds..

STAY SAFE!!

And thank you my friend but it's YOU and all the other people riding out that storm or up and leaving that deserve the medals!!  I can't imagine how frightening that would be..

You all take care- don't take chances...

We're all rooting for you.. heartheart

@castlemagicmemories

AWE... Thank you... heart

There are some really wonderful people here. Too many for me to name really..

Love ALL you guys!!!

Thank you mods for letting this stay. We gotta send the love to our people..heart

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pikabo-icu wrote:

eBay will be there AFTER this disaster. Please put your lives (and the lives of your pets) FIRST.

I'm at the base of St Helens- got lots of acres and lots of woods.. Bring your motor homes, trailers, tents, I don't care.. We'll make room for ALL of ya...

MODS- Please don't move me to the Soap Box.. I don't know anyone there.. I'll be scared..

Thanks @pikabo-icu for sharing some comfort in times like this ❤️ 

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

Thanks Trinton, these people need our support, our prayers and our HELP!

Hey everyone...

I haven't been around the last few days. I've been making rounds at the local red cross & area churches that are collecting donations.

I went thru my inventory and collected bags of clothing & other items that are of daily use. Many of these people have lost EVERYTHING and I mean they don't have clothing, socks & shoes or even a hair brush.

If you have inventory that is stagnant or that you can spare; NOW is the time and THIS is the event!

There will not be a better time or a better cause for which to offer up anything you can spare.

Call or Google your local area for drop off sites.. Give til it hurts friends!

I'm still praying for everyone in Texas! Hang in there people..   big group hug.gif

Politics, color, creed, religion, whatever other identifiers you place on yourself, DO NOT MATTER!

America will be UNITED in this! We are sending help.. 

Love all you people.. 

Those eBayers in Texas- check in when and IF you can.

~Pika~

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

Hope everyone is safe . This is a bad one . 

Any fellow Texas friends need help please post or PM us  

Thoughts and Prayers are with you  

went through a flood with family in Harrisburg in the 70's and Super storm Sandy so I can relate to the heartache  . It is devastating. 

please be safe 

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

Definitely praying and keeping a good thought for everyone's safety. 

It's not just Texas and Louisiana that are being affected.  I'm in south Mississippi.  We're getting feeder bands from the wet side of the hurricane--been raining all day, and there's rain in the forecast for the next nine days.  Alabama is about to get the feeder bands, too.  Lots of flood warnings areound here on the Gulf Coast.  

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Thank you, Pika, for starting this thread.  Sellers may want to keep an eye on the USPS service alerts for Texas and Louisiana:

http://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/resident-weather-updates.htm

I am somewhat surprised at the small number of PO locations that are actually closed because of Hurricane Harvey.  Of course, it also helps to know that both Houston airports remain closed so incoming and outgoing mail -- or transport by other carriers -- may be significantly delayed.  

To all my Texas friends and colleagues, you are in my daily prayers.  Stay strong and stay safe!

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 22 of 38
latest reply

Noticed that Ebay put up an announcement that there may be delays due to the storm.

My heart goes out to TX.  Saw that they were telling people to write their name and social security number on their arms.  Scary!  And the scenes from Houston where the streets are flooded, people are walking through water above their knees, and small boats jammed with people are in the streets.

Praying for all in harm's way; the world watches anxiously.  Hugs and love to you!

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

Having been through 3 floods in California as well as the 89 quake, then the BIG Blow here in Oregon, I feel for everyone affected by the hurricane. What I am having a hard time with is why on earth with all the warnings didn't people have Go Bags? Always carry food with you, and water, and cash, your drivers license, etc.

And all the people with no shoes on, and reporters in 3 feet of water, there are snakes! Sheesh.
Message 24 of 38
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

Hey everyone...

I haven't been around the last few days. I've been making rounds at the local red cross & area churches that are collecting donations.

I went thru my inventory and collected bags of clothing & other items that are of daily use. Many of these people have lost EVERYTHING and I mean they don't have clothing, socks & shoes or even a hair brush.

If you have inventory that is stagnant or that you can spare; NOW is the time and THIS is the event!

There will not be a better time or a better cause for which to offer up anything you can spare.

I'm still praying for everyone in Texas! Hang in there people..   big group hug.gif

Politics, color, creed, religion, whatever other identifiers you place on yourself, DO NOT MATTER!

Love all you people.. 

@Anonymous @pikabo-icu

Pika has been away now for last few days in an effort to collect/send much needed items.

This gal is special to say the least.

Sib

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
 What I am having a hard time with is why on earth with all the warnings didn't people have Go Bags? Always carry food with you, and water, and cash, your drivers license, etc.

And all the people with no shoes on, and reporters in 3 feet of water, there are snakes! Sheesh.

Not everyone can just up and leave for many reasons...

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pikabo-icu wrote:

Hey everyone...

Love all you people.. 

Personal note: I was born and raised in Texas and my family still lives there. Thankfully they are all safe, and I'm touched to see all of the support here on the boards about this. The whole event is very close to home for me, so thank you again @pikabo-icu for such a great post and all the efforts you are putting in! ❤️

Edit: I wanted to include a link to donate. eBay is matching donations up to $250,000 and also has given $100,000 to support efforts throughout the Gulf Coast. Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to donate!

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@pikabo-icu wrote:

Thank you for this beautiful gesture, @pikabo-icu

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

@Anonymous

@pikabo-icu

Yes, Pika is absolutely wonderful!  Gotta LOVE that girl!

Pika:  Your crown in heaven will be sparkly, indeed!  God bless you!

Trinton:  So sorry to hear that your family is in harm's way but so thankful they are safe.  I well know the pain of having loved ones in a disaster zone; my heart goes out to you.  The thoughts and prayers of the world are with you and yours; blessings to you all and may they stay safe!

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

Thanks for the link! I'm in southeast Texas and so many roads are still closed. Its nice to have a date that the post will run.
Message 30 of 38
latest reply