cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers Worries May Get Worse....

If things aren't tough enough for shippers - and therefore sellers and buyers - a powerful snowstorm is headed to the northeast - a foot or more could fall over the next 3-4 days.   And with so much of UPS and FedEx resources being used to deliver the vaccine - sacrifices will be made.    Dec 15th is the deadline for ground service - Dec 18th for 1st class mail - Dec 19th for priority mail.  But my last two priority mail packages mailed on Dec 7th - arrived at their destination on Dec 12th without any weather problems.  

For those of you continuing to sell - please let your buyers know that delivery is historically slow - don't rely on eBay. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sellers Worries May Get Worse....

I am considering suspending my sales for a week or so.  This shipping issue has gotten to be a big concern and may worsen with vaccine transportation.     Add the snow factor in and it really becomes an issue.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the heads-up. 

Stay warm,

Grandma 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes, we are located in New England and hear that the main Post Office in our state has over 100k packages stuck in sorting due to low staff from covid. I have already had buyers reach out questioning where there items are. One buyer actually said they find it hard to believe their item would take this long to get to them. (I ship same or next business day) 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

On the plus side when people stay inside they buy more.

Not that they're not stuck inside already

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

With inclement weather on its way, adding to the Covid 19 Christmas fiasco, this is what I would consider "the perfect storm".

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I sell sportscards and am seeing many of my sales not even display any tracking information whatsoever, even though I always purchase USPS shippers with Ebay.  So not only are items not getting scanned in, they're also just caught in limbo.  One package was mailed on 11/23 and is still showing stuck in the Akron, Ohio distribution center.  Then I began looking at many of my other shipments and was seeing the same problem over and over.

I've contacted the USPO in my area and nobody can offer a resolution.  I've shut my store down until January 10th as it's pointless to do business under the Ebay policy, which is to add ten days from the time a buyer starts an inquiry followed by an imposed refund from the seller.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply