cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers' Petition?

Does anyone know if there is an eBay sellers' petition floating around anywhere which can be signed by frustrated sellers who are fed up with deadbeat buyers and the inability to leave negative feedback?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Sellers' Petition?

If by deadbeat you mean non payers, I guess we can thank sellers like you for the forced IPR we now have to deal with.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Right, because nothing else changed in the world since 2008. Only the ability for buyers to leave negatives for buyers. Have you read the news? Hackers are breaking into our voting systems. I suspect you think the inability to leave negatives for buyers caused that too?

Internet scams are far more prevalent now. Scammers have computers not just the determined collectors. Scammers were never worried by a negative anyway. OOOH, I want to steal things but no, I don't want someone to hurt my feelings and leave a neg. Really? When they can just get a new id in 30 seconds?

The only thing negatives for buyers worked for was driving away good buyers.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

OP, I hear you loud and clear, but sadly, even if there was one and a million sellers signed it, nothing would change. If it doesn't hurt the feebay coffers, they'd just ignore us anyway.

@missjen831 said -

"Negative feedback for buyers is nothing but retaliation and even when sellers could leave negative feedback, it was NOT a deterant against bad buyer behavior. "

Same goes for sellers - negs are nothing but retaliation and in no way deters eBay from "bad" sellers.

Some buyers don't even bother to contact a seller for a resolution, no...they go in for the red-dot kill IMMEDIATELY.

Negs, IMO, should be done away with for sellers just as it was for buyers. Level that darned playing field. Just sayin'.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

So we get rid of negatives for sellers and let bad sellers just keep selling? Laptop sellers can take in thousands of dollars before enough defects kick in to cause their removal.

Buyers need feedback to be able to protect themselves. Feedback FOR buyers does nothing because it is so very rarely seen in time.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Well, I respectfully - and vehemently disagree. First of all, corrupt sellers are always going to try, to find another way, to use a work-around. Unfortunately, they're out there and they're not going away. They love the internet for its ease of scamming - just as many buyers do. There are buyers who are nothing but thieves and a seller should have the right to leave a neg for them just as a buyer does for a nasty seller. It's called "fair play".

My niece stumbled onto a fake-book "group" that actually posts which sellers are easy targets for an easy refund w/o the need to return the item. They have all kinds of whines and gripes and grumbles and threats and other means of being lying cheats. I've been a victim of a few and am darned fed up with it.

But you want to tell me that buyers can do no wrong and we should all fawn all over them, gush our gratitude and bend over backwards when they whine , gripe, P-and-moan hoping to get a free off of a seller. (sigh)

It's absolutely absurd not to allow negs on buyers with the **bleep** being pulling on here - we can only gush with all this nicey-nice fakery. I just like things real, and more importantly, HONEST.
Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@joeys-worldwrote:

if you accept an offer it overrides the imediate payment required and 100% of the time the buyer will not pay if you help them and except their offer

Which means DON'T ACCEPT OFFERS. It's not hard.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

I NEVER said buyers can do no wrong. What I do say is the damage done to good buyers by bad sellers would far outweigh any benefit sellers would get to protect against bad buyers.

Most items are purchased without the seller ever seeing the buyer's feedback. However one bad seller who calls buyers names can easily drive many GOOD buyers off the site.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

It would be nice for sellers to dish out what we are given sometimes.  There is a lot of good and bad buyers out there   But two wrongs dont make it right.   So we do what we do and move on.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Personally I would love to see a setting that allows the sellers to block buyers who *love* to leave negs. Save us the headache of dealing with a problem child proactively.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Negs, IMO, should be done away with for sellers just as it was for buyers. Level that darned playing field. Just sayin'. rei -npkrima 

Everybody has a different opinion about  this  but my opinion is   to truly  level the playing field  each seller should provide the best customer service as possible . There are sellers who actually  deserve negatives .As a buyer  I have often  resourced the feedback  sections   just to see  if I even want to do business  with a seller . If I see too many bad marks and too many of the same types of buyer complaints ? I'll move on to someone else . Tulips 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@joeys-world wrote:

if you accept an offer it overrides the imediate payment required and 100% of the time the buyer will not pay if you help them and except their offer

Yes, I know.  So you don't accept offers.  You can tell the buyer that you will lower the price to the price you two agreed on, and that it will be good for 24-48 hrs, to give the buyer incentive to act on the lower price.  This preserves the IPR, immediate payment factor, and your listing stays active until it is bought and paid for.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Some buyers don't even bother to contact a seller for a resolution, no...they go in for the red-dot kill IMMEDIATELY.

Negs, IMO, should be done away with for sellers just as it was for buyers. Level that darned playing field. Just sayin'.

While Ebay suggests that the buyer contact the seller, this is not mandatory nor is it required.  Buyer may have had bad experiences when contacting a seller previously, or they may have doubts the seller will resolve the issue, or they may simply want to post feedback and move on.

Buyers need to read the feedback comments a seller has received as part of their buyer's due diligence.  Ebay removed negs for buyers due to retaliation, so to level the playing field.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

I agree, at least for buyer’s. Pointless.

But it might remain for sellers, as a public rating..... where it will work like the boards. Upset buyers will use it, and all the perfectly happy customers won’t bother. 😂😂😂

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Op 2/2018 this thread is over a year old~

You can start a new thread if you wish.

Message 30 of 31
latest reply