cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller using many THOUSANDS of search words hidden in description to get hits - isn't that illegal?

I have discovered in my daily searches that a seller from Italy is using many THOUSANDS of search words that are unrelated to what the seller is selling (coins) to get his auctions to appear in just about any search an eBayer does. The words are hidden in his description by using a white font or some kind of coding.   There is a huge blank spot in item specifics.  I would think this is being deceptive and eBay would consider against fair selling practices.  I have written eBay but I guess they don't care.  It would be similar to me selling and listing 30,000 city names in my description to get hits on my auctions.  Can someone tell me if this is allowed?  Or who to write at eBay?
The seller is from Italy.  Here is one of the auctions.  Look at item specifics.  search for "Muncie" in the auction or just look at the many inches of blank space that is taken up by tiny font of thousands of hidden words 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1751-Benedict-XIV-Papal-State-Italy-1-Grosso-Silver-Coin-Vatican-Rare-Scarc...

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Seller using many THOUSANDS of search words hidden in description to get hits - isn't that illeg

I filed a report with eBay 3 days ago and it probably fell through the cracks or they just don't care.  

Message 16 of 16
latest reply