cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller returned item, misused eBay returns, lost money

My listing clearly states that the service is for Cellular phones and that no refunds will be given once the SIM is activated. Customer purchased the SIM on Nov 13 and we activated the SIM on Nov 20, a day or two after she received it. She tried to insert a cell phone service SIM into a tablet, which it won't work because it is for a cellular phone. Customer claims that the item is defective, when in actuality she is misusing the the item in question. She also claims to have "exhausted ever option" when she did not. This morning (Nov 22) I gave her instructions on eBay message on how to contact AT&T customer service to change her active SIM to a data only plan, which she did not do and just requested a refund for an already active SIM. I have eBay messages back and forth between her and I corroborating my statements. In conclusion, the refund is not possible, because the SIM is active and the item is not defective because she is misusing it. Also she didn't send back the complete SIM which I cannot resell because it is already active

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller returned item, misused eBay returns, lost money

You need to contact eBay & report the buyer

You should add this buyer into your blocked buyer list

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@bestpagingcellular 

Is the listing for a sim card or on the service that comes with the sim?

It sounds like there are two part of this listing. The tangible part, the sim; and the intangible part, the service.

eBay is clearly against digitally delivered goods, so I am not sure how the case will turn out for you. Customer purchased a sim, and returned a sim. Is there anyway for you to work out with the Carrier regarding a return credit, to use with another sim?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@express_commerce wrote:

@bestpagingcellular 

It sounds like there are two part of this listing. The tangible part, the sim; and the intangible part, the service.

eBay is clearly against digitally delivered goods, so I am not sure how the case will turn out for you. Customer purchased a sim, and returned a sim. Is there anyway for you to work out with the Carrier regarding a return credit, to use with another sim?

I did not know that. No, there's no way for me to get a refund from the carrier so I'm stuck with an active SIM

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@bestpagingcellular wrote:

@express_commerce wrote:

@bestpagingcellular 

I did not know that. No, there's no way for me to get a refund from the carrier so I'm stuck with an active SIM

The above highlighted sentence is not quite correct. There are certain guidelines that must be followed for digital goods, such as listing the item in the Everything Else category in the Classified Ad format, unless you are an eBay approved seller for electronically delivered goods, see link to the policy below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/digitally-delivered-goods-policy?id=4...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@bestpagingcellular wrote:

My listing clearly states that the service is for Cellular phones and that no refunds will be given once the SIM is activated. Customer purchased the SIM on Nov 13 and we activated the SIM on Nov 20, a day or two after she received it. She tried to insert a cell phone service SIM into a tablet, which it won't work because it is for a cellular phone. Customer claims that the item is defective, when in actuality she is misusing the the item in question. She also claims to have "exhausted ever option" when she did not. This morning (Nov 22) I gave her instructions on eBay message on how to contact AT&T customer service to change her active SIM to a data only plan, which she did not do and just requested a refund for an already active SIM. I have eBay messages back and forth between her and I corroborating my statements. In conclusion, the refund is not possible, because the SIM is active and the item is not defective because she is misusing it. Also she didn't send back the complete SIM which I cannot resell because it is already active

If they activated the SIM then they already used the item and I would not accept any return. 

Its pretty much like they bought a diaper and used it. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply