cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller is trying to commit fraud on EBay.

Seller sent something to me that had no value. The seller was suppose to send me fragile stickers instead he sent me blank stickers. He charged me $3.98 for shipping and $1.99 for the item. The case is pending right now. I requested a full refund including shipping.  Tell me what you think by looking at the pictures below. Thank you!

I was suppose to be sent 40 fragile stickers like in picture one as described. Instead I got what was in picture two. The seller was based in United States

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Seller is trying to commit fraud on EBay.

If you are going to go this over-the-top hostile at a relatively small mistake by a seller, you should set up a separate account just for buying and leave this account just for selling.

Because someday you may run into a seller who is just as hotheaded as you and find your selling account in jeopardy if he decides to buy something.  Or everything.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@communication_exchange wrote:

Your right! I was wrong! Here is the message from the seller.

Dec 06
The seller sent you a message
I am very sorry. The warehosue made a mistake. THey sent you the door handle protectors. WOuld you like me to send you the correct items?

Next time instead of getting upset. I will just give them a chance to correct the situation. Shame on me lol! Ebay community post. I guess you can't delete unless you the moderator. Not fair! Happy Holidays!

You mght want to accept one of the comments as the solution in the meantime?

We all make mistakes...lol. 

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

I made a mistake. Next time I will give the seller a week to respond. This is not my business seller account anyway. Only my personal seller account. No big deal.  

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Evening,

I lean with the others...seems an odd thing to scam.

Instead of blank labels why not a sheet of paper?

Either you have an amateur scammer or, more likely, a seller that is human and made a mistake.

Mr C

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Edit:

I guess I was late to the party and I didn't even bring any beer...shame on me!

Mr C

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

I am also a buyer and seller.  For the future, you may want to check the seller's feedback and notify them of the error before you post.

As you know, we are in prime time in the holiday season.  Things get a bit crazy and the chance an error in shipment can happen increases.  Still, I have no sympathy for drop shippers and a 3rd party error will get a quicker neg or neutral from me if I see they're placing blame on that 3rd party.  Drop shipping causes problems (when it goes wrong) for sellers that commit to having the item in their hands before they advertise it.

Otherwise, if you see that the seller has clean feedback and it's obviously not a rip off - give them a little time to respond to you with how they will make it right.

When you're on both sides of the fence (buyer/seller) its easier to understand.... sometimes its more about the "Golden Rule" than anything else:). 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

So in the time it took you to make this accusatory post and open a case, you could have contacted the seller via messaging and sent them the same photo you posted here and asked what happened.

Simple direct communication can solve alot of problems. It's really a shame that some buyers prefer to call sellers scammers in a public forum instead of messaging them. I guess it's supposed to be ok when you make a mistake with these accusations. Your User ID here is pretty ironic!

Haste makes waste.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@communication_exchange wrote:

Your right! I was wrong! Here is the message from the seller.

Dec 06
The seller sent you a message
I am very sorry. The warehouse made a mistake. They sent you the door handle protectors. Would you like me to send you the correct items?

There's a lesson in there about the risks of drop-shipping, too...

P.S. Don't put too much faith in the power of Fragile stickers. Keep in mind that sorting machines can't read. You should pack your items securely enough that you would be willing to toss them down your own staircase.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Dons Steven Wright voice ....

"What if the fragile stickers ... are?"

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply