cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller from India pretending to be in NJ

Right now, a seller who claims to be in Edison, NJ, but when you look closely is really in India, just dumped 305,000+ diamond listings on the US site.

I am sure the 66,000+ that scrolled off will just be scrolling back on in a bit

Why is that allowed?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

The shipped from addres could be a warehouse in New Jersey.  That's where your item would ship from, not where the seller is.

eBay needs many more help files.  This place is going nuts.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

India sellers are their new "future"

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

IMO, he should still be considered a "not US seller" so I can block him.

Now I have to decide whether to block his almost 400,000 listings that are at least real diamonds, over the 10 other Indian sellers pretending to be in the US who are listing "diamonds" that in the fine print are CZ.

Ebay give me more space in my blocked list.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

How are you blocking sellers?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49wrote:

Under more refinements, seller, I put in all those that I hope I never have to see again.

And then save them in my email.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

Under more refinements, seller, I put in all those that I hope I never have to see again.

What happens if they have something that you really want?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

This post is not about the sellers location. It's about real diamonds v CZ's.

I may have missed something here Emerald 40.

Are you saying this one seller has 400,000 listings for real diamonds while  other East Indian sellers are selling Cubit Zirconia Diamonds?

Here's where my confusion comes from. How is it only one seller can have only real diamonds and no CZ's?  That's illogical. 

There is only one industrial sized diamond mine left in India. They aren't selling individual diamonds on eBay.

Other family or artisan-scale diamond miners are working from 26' x 26' plots  and are never going to find very many real diamonds even digging all the way through the Earth to a thousand miles west of Peru in the Atlantic Ocean. That last part is not the issue. Their diamonds must be turned over to the Indian government who sells them

My first thought is no matter what you think you're buying, you're probably going to get a CZ from India.

De Beers' diamonds have tiny laser serial numbers in the stones. I don't know if East Indian diamonds have any such "proof marks" or would bother doing this on CZ's.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@skatefoolwrote:

@emerald40wrote:

What happens if they have something that you really want?

Sellers listing as diamonds that are really CZ.

Nope, nothing I want from them.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

In this case the diamonds look real and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

What bothers me is that he is really in India and should not be allowed to list from Edison, NJ especially where he has an extremely long handling time.  If I bought them now, I cannot expect delivery until the middle to end of March.  That does not sound like it is going from NJ to RI.

What I already have in my blocked list are other Indian and China sellers also pretending to be in the US when they obviously are not.  Theirs are definitely CZ because even though title says diamond, they admit it is CZ way way down in the description.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

The majority of diamonds listed on ebay are nothing more than frozen spit. Every bullion dealer has a drawer full of them. Worthless the day they were knocked out of the setting and still worthless today....

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

If you would send me a PM I can show you who the seller is.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@bubbleman2010wrote:

The majority of diamonds listed on ebay are nothing more than frozen spit. Every bullion dealer has a drawer full of them. Worthless the day they were knocked out of the setting and still worthless today....

I disagree.  I have bought some fantastic diamond jewelry here that were extremely high quality at prices my family could not get wholesale.

And then there are the European diamond jewelry pieces that you can only get at an antique shop for astronomical prices or on 3rd party venues like ebay and the other E.

I have a gemologist who checks everything for me and even he is blown away.

That is why I check here daily.  But people like these 304,000 dumpers slow me down considerably when I have to go 25 per page divided by 304,000 to jump ahead and then may be miss that one or two great pieces that got sandwitched in between.

That is why for me the onl throttling I see that might happen here is the small seller getting swallowed up by the dropshippers.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

With 3,864,579 diamond rings listed right now and a daily sell thur rate of 3,196 items its just another over bloated category pig with plenty of fat....

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

When I click US Only, I want the seller and the item in the US!  Unfortunately, that is not happening.  Today I was looking for an item and I clicked US only and that did not work at all.  Almost everyone was still located in China and had bad feedback due to items being cheap, won't take returns, yada, yada, yada!

I want a button where the seller and item is in US and I don't see that happening anytime soon unfortunately.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply