cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller and Buyers Contact information is Gone

Hi; Folks  ebay has removed  seller  and buyers contact information in the advanced system  .   No more  getting the trading partners phone number   when  they don't respond by email messaging .To bad just found out today  when I needed my sellers phone number  to let them know I got $12 postage due.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Since you just got it today, just send an ebay message.  You can take a picture of the postage due verbage on the package and attach that.  That's what I did when it happened to me, and the seller responded promptly.  

Really no need to call.  Many don't like, want, or respond to calls since all communication should be done through ebay, as you know.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Since you just got it today, just send an ebay message.  You can take a picture of the postage due verbage on the package and attach that.  That's what I did when it happened to me, and the seller responded promptly.  

Really no need to call.  Many don't like, want, or respond to calls since all communication should be done through ebay, as you know.

Good Luck.

I didn't have the cash to pay usps carrier  so I don't have the package  .    But there times  when  it is better to do the phone call to the seller  in my case .  As a seller I find calling up my buyer  if there is a issue  I need to help them . 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I did find out from paypal  that  the USPS  should have charged the postage due  to my seller long before It came to me  .   

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Good Luck.

I didn't have the cash to pay usps carrier  so I don't have the package  .    But there times  when  it is better to do the phone call to the seller  in my case .  As a seller I find calling up my buyer  if there is a issue  I need to help them . 

Sorry you didn't have the cash to pay for the postage, Carl.  As I said, in your case, I sent a message the same day; seller responded promptly, and all was well.  I had paid for the shortage and just let her know and she promptly refunded that to me, and I sent her the photo of the package stating the shortage so she could address it with the PO and also so she knew I wasn't just making that up.

I understand but it really isn't better to call.  Many buyers and sellers really don't want a call; and that has been well documented on these Boards by both buyers and sellers alike.  You could be opening a can of worms the like of which you really don't need~but of course, your call.  Another reason not to call is so you have a paper trail in messages that can be read by CS if need be~then it doesn't turn into a he said/she said situation.  But again , your call.

In almost twenty years on Ebay, you can count the calls I have received on one hand with fingers left over, which is great because I really don't want calls.  There isn't anything that can't be handled through messages.  I had an over zealous seller send 12 ebay messages and a very lengthy phone message regarding a purchase I was considering and then made.   I'm still not sure if he was trying to do an off ebay transaction or not.  I cancelled the order.       

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Just curious, but if a package comes postage due, does tracking indicate that somehow?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Just curious, but if a package comes postage due, does tracking indicate that somehow?

The tracking never had  postage  due on it. .   My seller  just refunded me  in full for my purchase .   I could have avoided it happening if ebay  had not removed  the phony contact  number . 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply