cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Quality. Service Metrics?

Service Metrics Reminder

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Service-Metrics-Reminder/ba-p/28976395

As announced in the Summer Seller Update, starting October 1, 2018, if you have very high rates of "item not as described" returns you may be subject to an additional 4% final value fee. This rate change is detailed in our Service Metrics policy. If you are rated below standard and you also have a very high rate of “item not as described” returns, you are only subject to the additional 4% final value fee for your below standard performance level.

The additional fee of 4% for very high rates of “item not as described” and for below standard performance are not subject to maximum final value fee caps, and will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping. Final value fee discounts, including Top Rated Seller discounts, will not apply to the additional 4% final value fee.

OK.  So eBay has sellers with a VERY HIGH rate of "item not as described" and/or who are BELOW STANDARD, and they're "Top Rated Sellers"? 

How does this make any sense?  Smiley Frustrated 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 1 of 188
latest reply
187 REPLIES 187

Re: Seller Quality. Service Metrics?

It's all about getting the last word in. Winning. It's a human condition, it's the rare person who walks away without having the last word in an argument.

Nothing to win here folks. No need to get in the last word.

Cool, I fixed it, carry on 🙂
Message 181 of 188
latest reply

Well, I talked to customer service for over an hour today and they know almost nothing about the 4% fee increase or the Service Metrics page.  And they can't do anything about any of it.

EBay programmers hid the Service Metrics page away so well that it's going to take time for sellers, and ebay customer service, to figure out what's going on.  I've been posting about it since July, but there's been little attention here.  After EBay finally made a post about the fee increase in their "Seller Announcements" section a week ago, I knew that sellers would start to figure out what's going on.  In the week since, I've seen more posts about it on this forum than I've seen in the past three months combined.

When people receive their bills and they are magically 40% higher - that's when the forums will really explode.  EBay will receive customer service calls all day about it, and the reps will be forced to figure out what's going on.  And EBay will be forced to react.  Until then, I might gather more data to show off the bugs on the Service Metrics page, and bugs in the "peer average" algorithm.  There are certain things that prove the algorithm is flawed - for example, the poster above me whose "peer average" claims the category on ebay has a defect rate that's more than twice as good as what the manufacturer claims.  There are also silly visual bugs on the Service Metrics page that make ebay look like amateurs.

Anyways, these past three months have been stressful and frustrating.  There's a reason ebay stock continues to drop in an upward-trending market.  There are so many ways they could make ebay more relevant and modern, but instead they come up with these projects like Seller Hub and Service Metrics that take months longer than they should and amount to nothing.  The return rate is already on the seller dashboard - what is even the point of the Service Metrics page?  Did the programmers just feel intimidated because they hadn't edited the Seller Dashboard in a while, so they figured they'd just make a second return rate page (rather than slightly expanding the Return section on the Seller Dashboard)?  And then everything comes out with bugs that an eight year old could catch on their first look.

Message 182 of 188
latest reply

One ID I used to use was TRS for a while with 78% tracking uploaded on time.  Dunno how they decided that.

Message 183 of 188
latest reply

Yes.   All of that. 

Message 184 of 188
latest reply

@paulhua3 wrote:

One ID I used to use was TRS for a while with 78% tracking uploaded on time.  Dunno how they decided that.

If it had been TRS for 3 mos. before that, they give (gave?) you a "grace period" of one month get out of jail free, and if you got it back to the required level by next evauation, you never lost it. 

Message 185 of 188
latest reply

Skynet has assumed control.......

Message 186 of 188
latest reply

Scamming way for Ebay to rob sellers of hard earned dollars.   Creating new metrics to hold sellers to impossibly high standards for issues that result from buyer mistakes. 

Message 187 of 188
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 188 of 188
latest reply