cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Hub is a MESS

lambie48
Adventurer

Do you all remember the "good old days" of eBay, when the seller could easily move through the processes of selling, resolving, feedback, finding "SOLD" without hitting a bunch of keys first. This HUB, which changes every few months, to make it even more confusing, had to be developed by some IT geeks, who I bet never sold a thing on eBay! This new one is the worst. My landing page used to open up on the sellers page. It had Selling, Sold, and Unsold, right there! Easy! Now, after 10 years of selling on eBay, I cannot find a way to leave feedback for my buyers, I cannot resolve an unpaid cancellation, for the longest time I could not find the item I had sold! Where are the priorities on the HUB? Let's take "Traffic" for example, maybe I'm stupid, but I have no idea what they are talking about!!!! 

3 things is all I need, SELLING, SOLD AND UNSOLD, where they can be easily reached. C'mon!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seller Hub is a MESS

lambie48
Adventurer

Thank you for showing me this. I'm so lazy about reading directions, I'm going to try these ideas out. Maybe I'm just getting cranky!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Seller Hub is a MESS

Sorry, you are not going to like my reply.

I have been using Seller Hub and the seller page for a long time and have it customised to my liking and I love Managed Payments. I also prefer the automated cancel non paying buyers and issue of strikes, save time. Reports are less effort as well, no more jumping from eBay/Paypal etc.

However - I do NOT like the MBG system nor the IS muck around. But that is just me and my opinion.

Have a play around with it and customise it to suit your needs

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

Another reply you're not going to like: The old system was falling apart at the seams.  There was really too much data on one screen, which made the whole thing way too confusing and caused too much to go wrong.  Not to mention, they couldn't incorporate numerous features without cobbling it onto what they already had and making it an annoying pain (Automatic Relist anyone?  But the whole offers system too...).   Add to that their requirement to shift everyone over to Managed Payments and the old seller system just wasn't going to work.  While I admit, Seller Hub is going to take some adjustment to find everything, it goes a whole lot smoother than the old system ever did.  Now if they just fix all the little glitches in it, it'd be even better.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

I like seller hub. I have "all orders" bookmarked and "active listings" bookmarked. That's the two pages I mostly use. One click to each page.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

Are you talking about the actual "sellers Hub", which has been around for years, or the new "all selling" page that they moved everyone to a couple months ago? They are not the same. If you try the SH, you might find it is better than the AS page, at least you customize it somewhat.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

Not only is the new seller's hub a mess, but they have also come up with a bunch of new words that I don't know the meaning of: "click thru rate" what the hell does that mean?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

I've been using the seller hub overview page as my home base for over five years.  It's like moving into a mansion from a tar paper shack.  You'll eventually find your way around and get used to finding all the rooms...

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

I find certain aspects tedious too. They have a sell button up in the right hand corner on a desktop and it doesn't open the sell an item page.  To me that's ridiculous.  Feedback can be somewhat confusing like listening to Pointdexter play the violin.  I don't know why you have to press so many buttons to launch an ICBM :D. The designers are out of the loop and imo they are possibly the same ones they hire to answer the phone in the Philippines.  I notice it changes all the time.  I find my way around but it's still really all a mess. Buyer doesn't pay,  ebay doesn't want to show you where to open a case they want you to cancel the transaction.  Ummm....if the buyer sent me an offer surely they were ready to pay.  Should we just cancel the transaction immediately?  Again to me the policies and layout feel Asian/chinese.  If an American doesn't like a customer they physically throw them out of the store.  In the far east they bow and say they're sorry.  At the very least it is convoluted.  

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

seller hub takes a bit to get used too

I frequently auction items for a friend and when 10 pieces end at the same time I like how ebay adds them all up.........I need the total of what just sold

I was using an old my ebay sold page and it finally ended

to see what I  sold I just make a bookmark for the orders sold

when I open it up its on sold today.I can click and see what I sold yesteday

you reall only need a few squares at the top for seller hub

I am a creature of habit like ebay sellers and its all aboput repetition

if you make a few bookmarks and put them up top of the browser its easy to get the info you need with 1 click

last but not least  I always have trouble seeing the unsold auctions from the last 24 hours.

it wants to lump in an entire week.I like to see whats unsold in the last 24 hours

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

@toni9529 wrote:

Not only is the new seller's hub a mess, but they have also come up with a bunch of new words that I don't know the meaning of: "click thru rate" what the hell does that mean?

The click-through rate indicates how relevant your listing is for the customers who saw it in their search results

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

@lambie48 wrote:

Seller Hub is a MESS

3 things is all I need, SELLING, SOLD AND UNSOLD, where they can be easily reached. C'mon!

In my seller hub, I have arranged my summary to look like the image below. Clicking any of the numbers (I have replaced then with purple X's) will bring you to a page that shows you all the matching items. 

In one click from the summary tabs I can see all my Orders, the Orders Awaiting Shipment, Orders Awaiting Payment,  Active Listings, and Unsold listings. 

I also have one click into my Messages, Awaiting Feedback, Returns/Refunds, Cancellations, Seller Dashboard, Open Offers, Listings with Questions, Listings Ending Today, Scheduled Listings, 

Along the top, there are "hover" menus (Orders, Listings, Performance, Payments, Reports, etc. ) that get me just about any other information I need in one click.  

Could not be more simple for me. 

_sh.jpg

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

lambie48
Adventurer

Thank you for showing me this. I'm so lazy about reading directions, I'm going to try these ideas out. Maybe I'm just getting cranky!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

after over  2000 buys and sells on ebay in the last 20 yrs i am done with them , last week i sold my last item on ebay , i will never  sell anything on ebay again , if i fine something i really really really need i may buy something . i will stick with craigslist or face book market  place .

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

Us too.

With our computer equipment, it was just unworkable.

We don’t have days to spend figuring something out that was getting harder to do all the time anyway. 

Not going to say never, but, we gave up. We are no longer selling on eBay after years! 

Im not a computer genius.

We just sell things. 
Just checking in to see if there have been improvements.

Apparently not. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Seller Hub is a MESS

I am also considering getting off ebay. The fees are so expensive and I have not figured out the way the new payout process works. I don't like having to pay shipping through paypal while my auction funds go into a checking account. Way more complicated than it used to be. (Have been a part time seller on ebay for over 20 years.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply