cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See Full Item Description IS BACK!!!! UGH!

I cannot stand it......are they (eBay truly trying to send us 'round the bend?  It's BAACK! The Full Item Description.  I noticed this again yesterday, when I was trying to buy something.  It looked like the seller was high on fumes with what eBay chose to cut n paste out of their description!  Good grief.  This is ridiculous!  I spend a lot of time giving buyers information (AT eBAY'S REQUEST) regarding the item description (Clean with NO ODORS, or Previous Owner was Smoker), when I expect payment, non-payment claims, ETC.  It's bad enough we have buyers that skim what we take all this time to type, but now expecting them to press another button for it???? Please!! Stop the madness and eBay, please appreciate the hard work we SELLERS do on each and every listing from which YOU profit!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yup. Agree with the 'high on fumes' comment, too. Just in time for the holiday shopping season... gotta love it! You're paying eBay for outright sabotage. At least you hired the best!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hate it as well. I use the description to make sure any flaws and accessories not included are clearly stated. If buyers stop reading the full description or assume there is none, we are going to see lots of returns. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Try going thru some of your listings and just do slight edits here and there . Ebay for Business claims it's because of outside links like photo hosting yet I do everything right on ebay. I went thru several of my listings that had this "see item description," edited them slightly and most of them were corrected. All these listings even showed in the url that they were all HTTPS, (secure) but still the "see item description" box was there.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

. Thank you for the suggestion. I'm sure you will agree that this is a royal pain! With over 180 listings Your solution would be quite time-consuming, yet it seems that sellers complaints are falling on eBay's endlessly deaf ears. Again, thank you.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Same here. I noticed this today, but only on .com site. But not on UK site, there I can see Full description. All my newly created listings containing images are with "see item description" button. While all the listings should be compliant (no error in mobile friendly checker). I am trying to figure out, what's going on, but no luck yet. Hope it's only some glitch, because for me as a seller and buyer it is real pain. Any suggestions what's going on?
Message 6 of 6
latest reply