cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or legit?

I got a message through eBay from a potential buyer that they tried to make a "buy it now" purchase but they weren't able to do so. They supposedly contacted customer support and the problem is my account won't allow new users to make a purchase. She provided a link for me to paste in my browser. Which I haven't done. But I am looking for where I have excluded new buyers. Do you think this is legit? If so, where do I go to make sure I am not excluding new buyers?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Scam or legit?

scam, you can't block new users.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

NOT LEGIT.  Ignore and block.  That link will take you straight to a scammer.  We have seen this scam reported here before. 

It is not possible for you to disallow transactions with new users, even if you wanted to, by the way.

-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

That is NOT legitimate; it's a relatively recent scam. Do NOT click on the link; it will lead you to a fake eBay login page that will lure you into providing your account password. Just report the fake buyer and do not respond to them any further.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It's a scam, that link they sent you is not a Ebay link.

It'll want you to log in, then the scammers will have access to your Ebay account.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@52kwick wrote:

I got a message through eBay from a potential buyer that they tried to make a "buy it now" purchase but they weren't able to do so. They supposedly contacted customer support and the problem is my account won't allow new users to make a purchase. She provided a link for me to paste in my browser. Which I haven't done. But I am looking for where I have excluded new buyers. Do you think this is legit? If so, where do I go to make sure I am not excluding new buyers?

As everyone says, it's definitely a phishing attempt

You should forward the message to spoof@ebay.com

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/recognizing-phishing-phone-calls-emails?id=4195...

slippinjimmy_0-1705026221019.png

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

She provided a link for me to paste in my browser. Which I haven't done. 

@52kwick 

Good thing you did not do that.  Report the message directly on the message page under the ACTION tab.  I think one of the things in the drop down menu may be "scam" or "trying to take sale off ebay" or something of the sort.  

Your buyer requirements are here: 

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 7 of 7
latest reply