cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales slow

Is any one else experiencing less then slow sales ? 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Sales slow

Just gonna say my sales are up- I mean way up.

My demographics are up in the age range-

probably a majority of over 50 spending money on their hobby.

49.png

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

There's a lot of reasons people aren't blowing discretionary income as much.

I'd hazard to guess food, fuel & utilities are taking a priority.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Oh, I don’t know.  People are spending - shopping in my area is pretty robust.  Some sellers just can’t stand to look inward for a solution.  

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Yes, some people are experiencing slow sales.

Some people are also experience high sales.

Some people's sales are about the same. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 5.54.56 AM.png

Yeppers.  Ours are up slightly.  Steady goes the Turtle!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

I haven't really noticed anything slow. My sales last 3 months have been the normal steady amount I usually have when I don't have any hot major scores of new items to list. They spike and then slowly trend down when that happens, but that doesn't happen all that often. 

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Dear ebayers, it’s the economy not eBay that’s the issue. If you compare sales to last May before gas and energy in general hikes and further inflation, it won’t be pretty.  There are some exceptions, I understand some clothing is still selling well. Not my gig...I’ve substantially increased inventory which has helped somewhat but I would say I’m down 50%. . I’m not sure free shipping is a must anymore, tired of giving things away basically after all my time and overhead.  Just my thoughts anyway.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

That is part of the reason for slow online sales . People want to shop at brick and mortars again, I know I do, I’m tired of paying online n waiting 5-7 days or more for an item to arrive,sometimes not as described, sometimes damaged in transit. 

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@kingnothing1597 

Since May/13th , My sales dropping down severely, My items impressions too.
i did some researches on Terapeak tool for some keywords that relate to my items, and i noticed the sales trend going down on May/13th.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 23 of 31
latest reply

You are correct, along with folk enjoying shopping at brick n mortars again.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Complaints about slow sales started in October 1995 and have continued ever since.

We were out shopping today.

Butcher- uncomfortably crowded.

Liquor store- busy but not crowded.

Hardware for potting soil- opened another cash while I was in line

Coffee shop- all the indoor tables filled (it had started raining).

None of these are necessities, all were busy with more customers arriving as we left.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Not at all.   OK, one site, but then I pulled everything last night because they keep angering me with stupid messages.  So I guess that one is sort of my fault, sort of theirs.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

"It's the economy, stupid"  James Carville 

Not a fan of Carville, but think that is what we are dealing with, although my sale have been ok all things considered

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Completely DEAD SALES

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Ups and downs in sales have always been a reflection of what you sell,  the price, and how much competition as well as economic factors.   The constant postal increases don't help.   However, constant ebay algorithm changes impact some sellers more than others as has the use of promoted listings, "free" shipping,  and markdowns. 

I did much better in 2020 and 2021 during the pandemic on all my accounts than I am doing in 2022.  

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Sales are down. Buyers have less to spend with gas prices and rising inflation. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply