cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales on the decline as shoppers apparently fear to spend

I don't know about everyone else, although I don't have a store I do try to make a little extra income here. But, I have a lot of watchers but no buyers. I even have tried to use EBAY's tool to make offers to potential buyers (and give them a way out discount), and they still do not budge. Also, Is it just me or it seems like everytime I use that approach, it seems to chase them off? I see my watchlist number go down. I also see that EBAY is offering some suspension of their fees to some, but based on what they charge are they really going out of their way to help the stores out? I feel for everyone who shops and sales on here an pray that spending fears will subside so that we can continue to stay on here and make a few bucks while not having to shut down. Take care everyone.......

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

On a brighter note, stopped by Trader Joe's and as my 'likes' aren't exactly high demand items I replenished what I needed. That said, they seemed to be pretty well stocked for the most part.
Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Nasty graph, mr_lincoln -- sort of the first frame of a train wreck in slow motion.
I'd be very interested in your posting the next leg.
Message 32 of 33
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@vintagacy wrote:

I'm in Tampa, FL and there probably going to be a MANDATORY closure of ALL the small retailers and restraunts, But the biggies like MCD's and drive thru service corps get to remain open. God Bless the the middle and smaller businesses, God Bless You !

It has nothing to do with size.  Where I am, all restaurants are closed for dine-in service; however, they're allowed to remain open for takeout/curbside pickup/drive-thru and delivery.

My main source of inventory, a commission with a public library, is bye-bye for months but they are actually still doing business by having curb-side pick up of books placed on hold. Also, Reference service by phone. Last I heard their "business" is booming. And thank goodness for all the families with children at home - they can borrow books. I don't know about whether the virus contaminates books though. The bookstore in town is closed to protect their staff from handling the books customers bring in.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply