cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales coming to a halt this September !

Anyone else currently experience a sudden sales drop off?? I was selling 5 to 7 items a day with only 50 to 60 listings and now I’m selling zero with 130 listings. Did eBay change their algorithm? What is going on? Why are sales coming to a halt?? Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

One time ebay would waive fees for the month if sales were down! That was when they had a great reporting system! 2014-2015!  Now forget it!! Not being told what has changed that is affecting our sales is so uncaring! I get that it is a business and a partnership, I thought!!!! ebay is not going to function without the sellers, we are millions of small businesses! We generate revenue!        Ebay sold off ebay India, who is next?  Cant rely on selling off parts to generate revenue!

I search google before any where else when looking for a product! I dont wait for smart technology to send me an item in an email.... I want to seek out an item myself and compare prices and reviews! would be nice to see my items on google search!  but alas, nowhere to be found??????

Message 46 of 69
latest reply

Since June, my sales have steadily dropped but always some sales! last two weeks, Ive had two sales in two stores with 500 items... loads of inventory to list, but like you! WHY.... its a guessing game with ebay and Im about done! I cant trust my income from a guessing game! We can all sellI Iphones, computers....  cant tell your bank manager that your business plan is based on ebay, when our sales are flat lined.....

Message 47 of 69
latest reply

Talking Seller Hub! I noticed my traffic and impressions were the same for over a week???? so obviously that isnt working and I am sure if it was, it would be 0..... it isnt even reporting in real time... how can a business report so far behind! The old info system was in real time... It was great!! I planned my day by looking at where my traffic was coming from and directed my adverts to those places! Now we are left with a mess, someone really needs to be FIRED.. technical disaster!!

Message 48 of 69
latest reply

I sell items which you cannot buy from Chine (vintage and handmade). Also I have more then 1000 listings. But this September was very bad. August was much better.

Message 49 of 69
latest reply

Been selling on Ebay for 18 years. Slowest ever this time of year. Too many low price sellers and  buyers want Cheap prices. Its not looking good. 

Message 50 of 69
latest reply

I agree, that is what SOME of the problem is, newbie sellers giving stuff away for free, total desperation to sell ANYTHING at ANY PRICE. Also, this place seems to be attracting the cheapest of cheap buyers. I had a best offer today on a $185.00 item- $40.00??? are you kidding me, last week it was unsolicited offers on multiple items from multiple buyers, all wanting stuff for 65-75% off the listed price. these are one of a kind unique items I might add, not new in box things you can find at any strip mall.

Message 51 of 69
latest reply

My sales have dramatically dropped the past two months and I have no idea why as I've done no changes. Sales were always steady, but as of late I am lucky to sell anything. I don't know what to do
Message 52 of 69
latest reply

Just say no

Message 53 of 69
latest reply

Same situation for us too - we have 10,000 listings in replacement china and dinnerware 😞 Sales have dropped like a rock 😞
Message 54 of 69
latest reply

Our sales in replacement stoneware and china dropped tremendously in Sept. and have not recovered yet. We have 10,000 listings and do promotions, promote listings, free shipping, free returns, etc. We wonder how the whole country could decide it doesn't need any replacement dinnerware for Thanksgiving???
Message 55 of 69
latest reply

Makes sense.
/Users/rachel/Desktop/$_7.JPG
Message 56 of 69
latest reply

same issues
Message 57 of 69
latest reply

I'm highly contemplating closing my store after this year. Sales have become nonexistant. I think I may just try to liquidate my inventory. I'm expecting a slow holiday season. 

Message 58 of 69
latest reply

My sales average used to be $3000 per month but like magic now I don't even average $200 per month.

What is going on on eBay and I know I'm not the only one 😞

Message 59 of 69
latest reply

@oscarbacano wrote:

My sales average used to be $3000 per month but like magic now I don't even average $200 per month.

What is going on on eBay and I know I'm not the only one 😞

I used to average 6k/mo but like magic I dropped to less than 1500 in september.  I cancelled my store membership and beefed up my listings elsewhere.  I recently started adding new stuff to my shopify store, and I'm feeding slowly back into Ebay from there, with the idea that I will have many thousands of listings in the shopify store and only 500 at a time on Ebay.  That way I can rotate fresh listings in every 30 days, and if something doesn't sell in 30 days I can take it off and leave it off for 3-6 months, and hopefully when it comes back it will be off Ebay's radar screen and appear as a brand new listing.

I'm up 75% from last month but still down 93% from last November.

It's still bad which is why I am jumping back in to my old profession, where as an independent contractor I can pull in $400/day without leaving my desk.

Message 60 of 69
latest reply