cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Tax

I pulled the report for my quartely sales tax and it seems Ebay is now collecting the sales tax for my state (FL), is this correct? When did this change? I usually pay the sales tax quarterly for purchases that happen in my state. So now I don't have to do this anymore?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sales Tax

July 1, 2021.  You may still have to report sales tax to your state (check your own state's website to see if this is the case) but it would be under the marketplace facilitator tax deduction - you will not have to pay the taxes as they have already been paid.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sales Tax

July 1, 2021.  You may still have to report sales tax to your state (check your own state's website to see if this is the case) but it would be under the marketplace facilitator tax deduction - you will not have to pay the taxes as they have already been paid.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sales Tax

Great, thank you!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sales Tax

According to EBAY announced they started collected "sales tax" for Florida on JULY 1, 2021.    So you would be liable for any taxes before that date.    Of course, you need to file "tax return" for total amount and then you show amount after JULY 1 (and stipulate EBAY as facilitator who collected taxes after JULY 1).

Check with the State of Florida to see if they require to continue file Sales Tax returns in the future.   In my home state...I am still required to file Sales Tax Return every year and just show EBAY as facilitator (even though I pay zero sales tax).   I wondered why...but State said they have no way of knowing if part of our business is "brick & mortar" or  "100% EBAY".

Message 4 of 4
latest reply