cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale

I have been down in the last two years I am ready to cash it in Ebay doesn't do free listings and without that I don't list I refuse to pay to list not with the high selling fees Ebay and Payal have

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Sale

You won't pay what...a 30 cent listing fee? If that's going to make or break your profit here, I wouldn't sell either.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Morning,

If you are going to sell here now you need a BUSINESS PLAN.

Getting rich quick doesn't work here...more like getting poor if you are not well prepared.

Looking for free listings and a low cost selling enviornment usually results in poor results.

Ebay is no longer a novelty...they are looking out for the shareholders and if you can help in that mission, great, if not oh well.

Mr C

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

A cursory peek at your offer tells me you sell collectibles. Admittedly, I know nothing about that market. I know, you're wondering why I am commenting on a market I know nothing about.  Because it's an opinion as are so many thoughts here.

I think the collectibles market is shrinking.  Describe a typical collector and search buying trends for the various age groups of potential buyers and you may find the "collector" age group is going away. 

I believe eBay allows you to relist items for a total of three times for the insertion fee. What does that translate to in terms of cost per week of advertising?  If that's a barrier to your survival, you must change something.  At this rate of sales and income, you're working for eBay while eBay isn't working for you.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It looks like you have a store so I fail to see how you are paying more than 25 cents to list anything.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Outside of my $20/mo store fee, I have never paid Ebay a single penny to LIST an item.  If you need a bigger store, upgrade. If you don't want to do that, open a second account and stay within your 50 free listing allotment.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Wonder if he knows about the coming postage increase?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Outside of my $20/mo store fee, I have never paid Ebay a single penny to LIST an item.  If you need a bigger store, upgrade. If you don't want to do that, open a second account and stay within your 50 free listing allotment.

I need to correct this:

I have never paid Ebay a single penny to LIST an item since they started giving free listings.  Used to be listing was not free, there was a fee for each listing.

Listing fees left for good in I believe 2010.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 8
latest reply