cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUGGESTION on the Offer volume pricing – Take 50% off final value fees

eBay... if your checking these post please listen to this suggestion... Thank you!

I tried to take eBay up on their volume pricing offer today and wanted to run it for 3 months.  The problem is the only options you have is to list the SKU or Item #'s of each listing.  I think they should ALSO have the options to either choose by Price (if the buyer buys over $50 you take an additional % amount off)  or  have the options by store category like RINGS, BRACELETS, ETC...

As it stands now there is no way I can participate in this offer because I don't have SKU numbers and it would take me forever to put in each item# and so on.  This really sucks. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It seems to me that Ebay wants to promote those items with SKUs, as they may have higher selling points than what you sell~greater revenue for Ebay.  

Let me amend that.  I viewed your listings and you are selling fine jewelry, which is not what I envisioned at all when you said rings and bracelets.  I thought of those with low prices. 

My apologies.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There is an option to enter a SKU on the  long listing form.  I just changed all in that in the custom field to "CD" (for my CD category) - then entered CD as the SKU - and it worked. Starting there to see if the idea produces results before including other categories.

I like the idea, but I wish it went one step further. It should offer a % off the total order (before S&H and taxes) and not make us break it down to a per item discount.  As it is, the offer is limited to 4 items, so if someone wants 7, they are out of luck. (and as a seller, so are we)

The way this is set up, one can't combine categories - like putting LP's and 45's in the same order and having the order qualify because of the SKU requirement instead of total order.  Can still offer combined shipping, but it's not quite the same thing. 

Oh well, maybe they will work on that. Right now, I'd settle for getting the TOP OF PAGE arrow back working.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion...I will have to try something like that.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply