cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNEAKER INFLATION NOW UP 8%

Final Value Fee now being charged 8% starting in January.  It's been ZERO for the longest of time.

NOT HAPPY

Can I be so Brave as to ask WHY??

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Besides, getting the great deal sneaker seller were getting, is unfair to everyone else selling on eBay that was covering the sneaker sellers, they were having to pay full price to sell. They should be paying the same as everyone else. But, ya, I would be unhappy too, losing such a great deal if I were in their boat.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

What I'm thinking, too, is that if margins on reselling sneakers are quite narrow, as one poster upthread mentioned, a lot of resellers may be riding on that 0% FVF.   At the prices of some of those shoes 8% is a chunk o' change and I'm always a little appalled at people who are trying to make it on the margins (they have to have the 10% FVF discount or they can't keep going, they have to have their money this instant from Paypal or they can't keep going).  If they've been using 0% FVFs to float their venture, 8% is going to land them on the struggle bus. 

One scammer would wipe out 15 sales. Way too risky.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

I agree with Mavierick. Even if owning the store at 7% fee. Most customers are looking for free shipping. So you add on the Free Shipping with 7% fee then your ending up looking at a total 10-15% fee. With Stock X if you sell over $25,000 dollars in shoes. You can get down to as low as 6% and the buyer pays shipping. A lot less work with Stock X and More Money to Keep for the seller. 

I think Ebay should really re-evaluate the situation of the sneaker fees and shipping. Or atleast have more levels of different seller fees. Maybe if you sell a certain amount you can achieve a 6% or maybe ever more shoes at 5% fee. They still going to make a killing. These Shoes are not cheap.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply