cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLING

Why i can not sell the iconic ink triple cut facsimile cards while to many other sellers is selling them on ebay.

i used the same words they using and i did buy them on ebay????????????

Why ebay in not giving me an answer???????????

i do not understand. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: SELLING

FA? Fake? Facsimile? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ebay gives you the rules to follow.

You never go by what others are doing.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

facsimile

Isn't that a polite way of saying "counterfeit"?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It is a real legitimate card series from Panini from what I understand.  

The problem is that the name of the card commonly used in the hobby interfers with the ebay robots and they take it down. There are actually quite a few various cards and card series that have this problem. 

Just list them without the word facsimile in the listing. And in the description say that the autographs are printed on the card, however I am not even sure that is needed because there are tens of thousands of cards that have an autograph printed on the card.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Another term for  "printed on autograph" is "holograph" .

So if this is a legit item itcould be described as a "holograph signature as published".

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Exactly my thought! But maybe in the card world it means something else?  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Not trying to start anything, but that is borderline deceptive since there is people who will still for one think its genuine autographs. Secondly, people don't even understand what the word facsimile means to begin with.  I agree with the logic as to bots used to deduct words in eBay descriptions.  eBay also can't monitor every thing, but eventually sellers selling the same cards that were pulled form ones account will result in the same action. lastky, eBay is not consistent with their own policies so sometimes even Iconic and Platinum cut cards will get pulled and the seller gets suspended from listing for 3 days to 7 days. Best case scenario is yiu just have some cards pulled and can still list.  I sell on Ebay with 22,000+ feedbacks and have dealt with this nonsense.  I'm under Coverkid1 Again, not trying to start trouble, but educate as to what happens.  No matter what you do as to business is a risk Ebay is great at PR, but don't buy into all we care about sellers and buyers nonsense.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It is against the Ebay rules to sell fakes.  And if you put the real brand name in the title or the Item Specific boxes, that is a huge no no.  You need to be careful.  If you keep trying to sell something that Ebay keeps telling you that you can't in the way that you are writing your listings, you run the risk of losing your selling privileges completely on this site.

If you post the actual email you got from Ebay here, black out any personal information, it will help us help you better and more accurately.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 9
latest reply