cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLERS BEWARE - DO NOT SELL TO ****

Sold a book to "***". They fraudulently claimed that it was a fake and poor quality and wanted a refund. I disputed the claim but they still won somehow and I had to pay an extra dispute fee. Thanks ebay for backing your sellers 👎👎👎

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sold a book to xxx

Naming and shaming on this board is against eBay policy.

I disputed the claim but they still won somehow

In general, any buyer can steal any item from any seller at any time by filing a fraudulent dispute.

I had to pay an extra dispute fee. Thanks ebay for backing your sellers

If the buyer filed a Payment Dispute with his provider, eBay did not decide the outcome - the provider did.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You cannot fight nor win an item not described case. It does not matter if you were here on day 1 that Ebay started and the buyer registered last night.  The buyer will always win. Your mistake was to NOT accept the return. You needed to send a return shipping label.  Accept the item back and refund. Then you retake the photos and relist.    No matter what you say, the buyer wins.  Photos are useless.

Now you have an extra loss for when you do your taxes.  Make copies of this transaction and the extra 20.oo fee that ebay charged you.   Be sure to block that buyer.

Goodluck on your next item not described case.  I hope that you know what to do.  I stopped fighting them years ago when I realized that I could not win.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Exaggerated numbers here...

There are over a million sellers, and a billion buyers.  

What are the odd that, that one buyer will show up for one of the few of us?

When and if they did, that we would remember that ******

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 4 of 4
latest reply