cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER STRIKE! CANCEL LISTINGS WITHOUT ZOOM!

I am selling items that require zoom. Some could be $300+ items, but lack of zoom function will without a doubt hurt the final prices. I tried some various tests today. New listings with photos at 12x12 inches 1200x1200 and no go. Upped the size to 19x19 (1900x1900) nope, no zoom.

Just checked a fellow seller's item list (sorted chronologically). He lists several items every day  and none of his listings after after August 23rd have functioning zoom. 

Even though I have bids, I AM STRONGLY CONSIDERING CANCELLING ALL BIDS AND CLOSING UP SHOP UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!

If enough of us do this, (GO ON STRIKE)  perhaps the Lords of ebay will act to fix their minions' tech screw-up.

(and this problem is already going to hurt the ebay bottom line due to reduced selling prices)

I for one am not in a position to allow an ebay problem to down-price my goods. 

Cancelling bids aggravates bidders and damages the ebay experience, so while it is also a self inflicted wound, it will negatively affect ebay's image. 

ARE YOU LISTENING EBAY???? DO we need to go on STRIKE???

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Ebay has other "glitches " that they havent fixed for years (the mobile app showing free shipping when its not, the disappearing items in your cart.. etc) point is Ebay will fix it whenever and nine out of ten times ,will mess up something else    Good Luck

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

How many complaints from buyers have you had about the lack of zoom?

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

I am not posting new listings, either.  I can't sell without zoon.  May have to  look for another venue.  Did they stop zoon or is it broken?

@modern-artifact wrote:

I am selling items that require zoom. Some could be $300+ items, but lack of zoom function will without a doubt hurt the final prices. I tried some various tests today. New listings with photos at 12x12 inches 1200x1200 and no go. Upped the size to 19x19 (1900x1900) nope, no zoom.

Just checked a fellow seller's item list (sorted chronologically). He lists several items every day  and none of his listings after after August 23rd have functioning zoom. 

Even though I have bids, I AM STRONGLY CONSIDERING CANCELLING ALL BIDS AND CLOSING UP SHOP UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!

If enough of us do this, (GO ON STRIKE)  perhaps the Lords of ebay will act to fix their minions' tech screw-up.

(and this problem is already going to hurt the ebay bottom line due to reduced selling prices)

Cancelling bids aggravates bidders and damages the ebay experience, so while it is also a self inflicted wound, it will negatively affect ebay's image. 

ARE YOU LISTENING EBAY???? DO we need to go on STRIKE???

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

I cannot post new listings either without the zoon feature.  I can't believe ebay would shot itself in the foot and eliminate zoon.  They have always maintained that large photos sell items.  Zoom is crucial for my listings.  Did they cancel it or is it broken?

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

Over the years I have bought what I sell, and if I cannot see the item clearly, I will be disinclined to buy. Certain items are such as rare antique marbles are expected to be graded under 10x magnification. Why would bidders complain when they know the price will be lower due to this malfunction? My photos are visible, but are 25% of what they should be for complete bidder confidence. 

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

I think you are placing more importance on zoom than it deserves, but do what you gotta do.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

NO real information has been fothcoming from Ebay on this topic. Who knows?

Perhaps it's a screw-up (as often happens when they mess with other things) or

perhaps it is a new way of (not) doing business.  I suspect the former.

If anyone has difinitive information, please add it in!

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

Guess it depends on what you sell....

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

@modern-artifact wrote:

NO real information has been fothcoming from Ebay on this topic. Who knows?

Perhaps it's a screw-up (as often happens when they mess with other things) or

perhaps it is a new way of (not) doing business.  I suspect the former.

If anyone has difinitive information, please add it in!

First off, ebay doesn't advise the selling population of it's plans.  It is often just a guessing game.

Secondly, strikes don't work.  I'm still on strike - started before you started on ebay.

Thirdly, have you thought about uploading as many photos as allowed in the largest size you can?  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Wink  Smiley Very Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 43
latest reply

@modern-artifact  Mine cleared up after a day or too ... be patient, yours will too.  If your Buyers have issues with that lost feature on your listings they will message you and ask if you can provide a more detailed picture ... at that point you can vent your frustration with eBay to them OR politely ask that they complain to eBay for the lost fucntionality. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 43
latest reply

...lack of zoom function will without a doubt hurt the final prices.

I've got listings scheduled to launch tomorrow - it's only four items.  The items ending tomorrow have reasonable bid levels... still, I'm tempted to pull everything, as this photo problem will undoubtedly depress final bid levels.   

I can't say I'm happy about it, but eBay has been doing this to every auction seller in my category (except the ones that eBay is special buddy with) ever since they installed their /rpp/ "landing pages" in leiu of just showing the listings the buyer had just asked for. 

Since I buy my category as well, I know exactly what the "experience" here is really like, and I'd describe it as "frustrating" at best.  I also declined to bid several auctions because I could not see any details in the photos (these listings were created prior to Aug. 23 too, so I think there's some misconceptions about when this problem actually began).

It certainly does, and it certainly will.  And as you point out, any depressing of final bid levels costs them revenue too.  Unfortunately for you, cancelling your bids won't cost them any revenue... they were thinking ahead apparently, and they will charge you the FVF on the listings. 

I've got plenty more listings ready to go, but if this isn't fixed by next week I'm not going to list anything else.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 12 of 43
latest reply

@modern-artifact wrote:

Over the years I have bought what I sell, and if I cannot see the item clearly, I will be disinclined to buy. Certain items are such as rare antique marbles are expected to be graded under 10x magnification. Why would bidders complain when they know the price will be lower due to this malfunction? My photos are visible, but are 25% of what they should be for complete bidder confidence. 

For years, I imbedded photos into my listing Description, since the eBay photo viewer was unreliable (listings were ending with little grey Polariods or green camera icons showing), and painfully slow to use.  So all that really mattered was if the gallery pic would show up in search.   I stopped doing that for the most part about a year ago, because eBay said it made the listings "unfriendly". 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 13 of 43
latest reply

Ummm, I see Zoom on your pictures, first one I looked at was the marble under the pen and it zooms for me....
It could be your Java or Flash need to be updated or what ever code they are using to zoom may not be good with your browser, try updating or try a different browser like IE or firefox, I have seen many issues with Chrome from google.... worthless!
Message 14 of 43
latest reply

I sell antiques, collectibles, and jewelry, mostly. The zoom function works fine on computers. It is my understanding the glitch is with Android devices. However, Android devices have their own zoom function so I'm not sure it's that big of a deal. Also, eBay functioned just fine in those categories without zoom for many years. I didn't see anything you had listed that zoom would be critical.

As a seller, I don't even think of the zoom function. I take closeups of my items. That is probably because it wasn't there when I first started selling.

As a buyer I see it as a sort of novelty, but it doesn't really affect if I buy something or not. Scratch that...I did once determine that a seller was selling a sterling silver desk set that they said was aluminum because I could make out the hallmarks. Snatched that one right up...lol.

Message 15 of 43
latest reply