cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER PAYS RETURN SHIPPING??? ANY ANSWERS?

Problem.

CAN ANYONE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME?

On my listings it is stated that BUYER pays return shipping. Has been that way a LOOOONG time.

A buyer wants to return an item. On the return form my first option is for the SELLER to pay the return cost. But when checking the original listing it clearly states BUYER pays return shipping.

So clearly e-Bay changed this policy but forgot to tie up all the loose ends.

CAN ANYONE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME?

Problem.

Problem.

Another e-Bay problem.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Might depend on the reason for return.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@foster9 Did the buyer open a claim stating the item was "not as described"?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What you have written in your listing does not matter. Unless it is buyer's remorse or some sort of fault of buyer, you have to pay the return shipping. It has been that way for a long time. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

EBAY ONCE AGAIN DOESN'T FOLLOW IT'S OWN GUIDELINES... I SELL RECORDS AND WHEN SOMEONE WANTS A RETURN I HAVE TO PAY $7:50 FOR A PRIORITY MAIL LABEL WHEN IT ONLY COSTS $3.12 TO SEND IT MEDIA MAIL. ANY NEGATIVE FEEDBACKBACKS I HAVE GOTTEN HAVE BEEN OVER THIS. WHEN AN ITEM IS AS DESCRIBED RIGHT, AND THE SELLER DIDN'T MAKE ANY MISTAKES THE BUYER SHOULD PAY RETURN SHIPPING. I DON'T USE EBAY LABELS AND BELIEVE ME MY STUFF GETS THERE FASTER BECAUSE OF THE BIG BOLD PRINTING. ***** ANY LAWYERS WHO WANT TO START A CLASS ACTION AGAINST EBAY COUNT ME IN. I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING LEAVING EBAY AFTER MANY YEARS AND GOING JUST TO DISCOGS AND AMAZON BECAUSE OF THIS. IN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION AS I SAID, LIKE SO MANY EBAY POLICIES, THEY CONTRDICT THEMSELVES AND DON'T FOLLOW THEIR OWN RULES ... JUST A HORRIBLY RUN COMPANY.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It is stated as ARRIVED DAMAGED. I do not believe this to be buyer remorse though. I will not comment on the specifics but I will resolve this in the buyers favor.

Thank you all for your help.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply