cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ SEPTEMBER 2017 $$

The scrounge lounge originated in 2003, catering to all of us who obtain our merchandise for selling at various places such as thrift stores, yard sales, rummage sales, even dumpster diving and picking up items someone has set out along the street for garbage pickup.

Does this sound like you? Come on in and join the conversation!  WELCOME!!

Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

Re: SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ SEPTEMBER 2017 $$

Welcome Teddi to Lounge Teddi 🙂  Stop in any time.  Wishing you the best of luck once your Mr. gets a booth set up.

Thank you for the new shiny Kyal

Have been busy since last time I stopped in.  Trying to get yard work done, bushes trimmed back a bit for Fall, babysitting the grands, ebay, trying to get a few more things knocked off my honey to do list & of course the normal cooking & weekly laundry & cleaning...  Never enough hours in the day I guess.

Patd--so sorry you still can't find your salt dips....  I hope they show up for you soon.

We sure are having a weird end of Summer here... Nippy temps & lots of rain.  At least the grass is nice & green again though 😉  We're normally in the 80's & 90's here this time of year.

Kay, hope you & your Mr. find some goodies today.

Looking how is Mr. Gray doing?  Hope your getting to spend lots of time with him .  I love 'baby smell'!!

Aaron started Pre-K this week.  Poor baby was so nervous.  But all is going well & he likes it 🙂

Well, have to get a couple things done here & then back to listing land even though it's a bit slow for me right now.

Have a good one all

Message 61 of 210
latest reply

Hole-In-The-Day was a man who excited the imagination. Feared by many who did not know him, he was a man of influence whose mistake may have been that he sought to reconcile two different civilizations.

His very name aroused curiosity. The most popular English spelling of its Indian version is Bug-O-Nay-Geshig, although Morrison said a more accurate rendering is Puk-O-Nay-Keshig.

It has been given many translations, one of them "an opening in the sky through which the light streams down." The most logical explanation, however seems to be that Hole-In-The-Day's father, from whom he took the name, was born during an eclipse of the sun.

He was ambushed and killed
"In this fashion occurred the death of Joseph Hole-In-The-Day, head chief of the upper Mississippi bands of Chippewa Indians. A shrewd, intelligent, dignified, proud and affable man and still a young one -- he was probably but 41 when he was assassinated."

http://sections.brainerddispatch.com/history/stories/nat_1002030085.shtml

Detailed article, Laurie...There is a Hole in the Day Lake too.
Message 62 of 210
latest reply

Hi Pat. Awww at little Aaron being nervous, typically that doesn't last long! All in all, a new experience and many more to come!

Laurie, that Chief seems to be pretty famous!

Message 63 of 210
latest reply

Thanks, M*M.  I hadn't realized that her ancestor was such a famous man.  She was going to be ricing at a lake today that she said only she and two others were allowed to rice at.  I wonder if that's the Hole In The Day Lake!

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 64 of 210
latest reply

She had said, also, that when ricing the rule is to hold good thoughts in your mind.  

I googled and was amazed at how much information there is about Chief Hole In The Sky.

Laurie

Message 65 of 210
latest reply

Day, not Sky.

Message 66 of 210
latest reply

Yes, I felt bad for him when we heard how nervous he was on his 1st day, but I'm glad he's getting used to it now.

Just something he'd never experienced before, other than when he plays with kids at the drop off when they go to church.

But the big difference is that he knew his mom n dad were just a few doors down at the service.  At school he's on his own 😞

Getting ready to go out & mow

Poof!

Message 67 of 210
latest reply

I live on the az and ca border INTERSTATE 10 right there. the place we will set up is in https://www.desertusa.com/cities/az/quartzsite.html/ we dont have the big white tent yet as no $$$$. but down the road is a kind of friend he will let us start off small there.. many people brag about this events. but they HAVE STUFF.. I am making or selling off gifts.. the one problem I see. will be my hubby.. as he sees our need instead of running as a business.. I KNOW how to do that.. I had a good small thrift. before city zoning got me out. and hubby needs help like van / tires /home repair.. so if i have a good sale he ends up broke down needing the funds.. sigh.. you must reinvest that part he dont seem to get. I have been working preping him by saying here is the shipping or tythe. back. so he now tends to look at it as my thing.. kind of good. but he is now needed as the strangth.. i am disabled now. I can't lift and such much anymore.. but I KNOW I Must work this as hard as I can. its kind of now or never.. I miss little stuff you just mail out. easyer for me online
Message 68 of 210
latest reply

yup by blythe ca .... flying J is our area on az side
Message 69 of 210
latest reply

20 miles.. my hubby works small hours there at store.. maybe there are some things around but not with you only have $10 for a month of work.. that is me.. not selling much. but trying hard
Message 70 of 210
latest reply

Had the best picking day yesterday in a month of Sundays. LOTS of great stuff at local yard sales.

Parents are in St. Augustine getting ready to ride out another storm.
Message 71 of 210
latest reply

Kyal, hope your folks stay safe.  They will be on the 'dirty' side of the storm.

We will be, too, but looks like it is turning more westward before it reaches us.

We expect heavy rain, wind and tornados.

Patd

Message 72 of 210
latest reply

Teddi, are you saying that your huband doesn't realize that if you don't retain part of the income to replace the merchandise with that you will soon be out of business? 

I've never been to Quartzite but have certainly heard about it.  Sounded to me like a fantastic place to set up your tables.   When are you moving into that smaller offshoot of that site?  Will your husband be there, too, to at least do the heavy lifting for you?

Laurie

Message 73 of 210
latest reply

Good to hear that you had luck in scrounging, Kyal.  What did your "great stuff" consist of?

Fingers crossed that your parents stay safe.    Mother Nature has surely lined up Florida with a lot of nasty weather.

Laurie

Message 74 of 210
latest reply

PatD, keep us updated, please?  Stay in, stay dry, and stay in touch!

Laurie

Message 75 of 210
latest reply