Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ AUGUST 2017 $$

8/1 already!

Message 1 of 156
latest reply
155 REPLIES 155

Re: SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ AUGUST 2017 $$

I still have some audio books listed and yes they are on CDs. Even have some cassette ones listed. Ebay changed the categories so many times that things are messed up. I sell a few CDs thru one booth. They just do not bring enough here to make it worth listing them.
Message 136 of 156
latest reply

I sure would love to have two to four inches of rain. We need it. So sad that that storm had to dump it all in one place and ruin all those peoples lives.

Sure would have been nice to spread it out over a larger area. We are getting smoke from Montana's forest fires. Red sunsets and sunrises. Makes it real hazy.
Message 137 of 156
latest reply

Been my experiance that it is not worth listing the music CDs. You can look each one up and see. It just takes a lot of time.
Message 138 of 156
latest reply

@sunfarmer wrote:
I sure would love to have two to four inches of rain. We need it. So sad that that storm had to dump it all in one place and ruin all those peoples lives.

Sure would have been nice to spread it out over a larger area. We are getting smoke from Montana's forest fires. Red sunsets and sunrises. Makes it real hazy.

We had a strong marine flow over the coast range last night and finally cleared the smoke out.  We'll get a couple days of relief but the smoke is supporsed to roll back in for the weekend.  Sunday and Monday visibility was about 1/2 mile because of smoke.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 139 of 156
latest reply

Thanks, Sun. It isn't for me, for someone who asked me about it. He's a flea seller so wouldn't be listing here but good to know.

KAY. Are you in Ocean County? Same person who was asking about music CDs lives there, sounded close to you...from his description.
Message 140 of 156
latest reply

I'm in Ocean County.
Is it someone asking on the boards? Not that I know anything about CDs other than my DH buys them at yard sales if they are less than a dollar (only ones he likes, not for resale.)

detex, hope you find your lost widget.

Pat, I admire your stamina and discipline to get those home projects done. Bet it looks great.

Poor Texas.
I was thinking about Bees, but I agree with M*M, I think she's in the Dallas area. Hoping she's high and dry and out of harms way.

Message 141 of 156
latest reply

HI Kay! Not here; he's a FB friend...don't know him personally but I've been reading his posts for so long I think I do...He mentioned he'd miss metal detecting on the beach (If he moved), something else he said triggered my memory of your locale. He sells at Collingwood flea, usually, and one other I can't remember the town. He wants out of the flea market biz and out of NJ. I said I have a room for rent/house share. lol Too bad he just signed another year lease on his house. Single, no kids, never married, worked for the Gov.., nice waspy name, Wainwright. He is a metal deTECTORIST. Ya, it's a word. I had to look. He finds coins all the time and posts pics of them, that's his favorite thing to do and has been doing it for 40 years.

WHEW, was out weeding, cutting down day lilies, tiger lilies, iris, pulling weeds, picking up sticks the last two hours. I'm done, and cooked.
This fall I am going to be ready for the leaves raining down so I don't have to work so hard at that time, they get all stuck in the flower beds etc.
Message 142 of 156
latest reply

Love and congrats on the precious new Babe Mr. Gray  !!!

Prayers up for Texas, what a mess and uggg at the after math.  Heart warming to see the "good stories" though

Yuck on the seller hub,  going to look harder to find the old my ebay page view,

Had decent sales, yet a rash 3 returns requested, no biggie, but it's probably been a year since the last return....go figure,  one took a partial refund on a huge bedspread which  was good and had great communications skills, one made no sense, a change of mind and paid more in shipping than the item, go figure,

Just checking in before next  new month is here .  CA forests on fire again (about 40 miles from me in the mountains) , wish we could trade some of that for some of Harveys rainfall. 

Hugs to all

It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Message 143 of 156
latest reply

Hey Scroungers!  Sorry that I haven't posted here yet this month.  We've been very busy with listing, shipping, etc. as this is one of our busiest times of the year. 

Thanks for all of your concern for me being in Texas during the Hurricane Harvey and the resulting floods, tornadoes, etc.  As some have remembered, I'm in the northern part of the state near Big D.  About the only effect we get from any hurricanes down south is rain, sometimes a lot and times like these not much.  Our temps have been quite nice this month (actually whole summer). This week and the past week, temps in the 80's, sometimes the low 80's as the high, some of which is due to the hurricane, some not.  (Normal for August is usually over 100, up to 115.)

Congrats to Lookng and daughter on the birth of Gray!  Nice big baby.  Hope Mom and baby are doing fine.

I'll have to come back, maybe on next month's thread, and post more another time.  I'm headed back to bed for some more zzz's.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
Message 144 of 156
latest reply

Busy, busy, Beesz, thanks for checking in.

M*M, my DD lives a town away from Collingswood. I couldn't believe she'd not mentioned a flea market. But, alas, the Collingwood is not in Collingswood (notice the S). Pulled it up on Google and new the exact place, we've been there once or twice and been past many times.
There is a brook in the area where you can find fossils, ancient shark's teeth. The kids loved it when they were little. I actually sold a few on ebay.
There are also a couple apple orchards where you can pick your own, again, something the kids liked to do. We still stop into the orchard store once in a blue moon if for no other reason than to get some steaming hot apple cider donuts.

Message 145 of 156
latest reply

Mrs. B Thanks for stopping in & letting everyone know you &  your Mr. are okay & just busy.

Looks like it could start pouring here any second, but on the news this morning they said sunny blue sky's all day long.  Go figure 😉

Looking must be busy w/the new grandbaby.  Or else I haven't noticed her stopping in much this week.

BB is sure a crazy one this year!  I'm glad Jason is standing his ground.  I honestly don't care for quite a few of the players in the house this year.

Thought it was so funny last night when they showed Kevin brushing his teeth & then using his toothbrush to comb his hair Smiley Very Happy

We won't be able to watch it tonight due to stupid football.  Don't mean to offend the fans of FB, but they seem to interrupt regular shows all the time.  Mr. will record it at 1:30 Friday morning & then we'll watch it Friday night instead 😞

I hope those that need the moisture/rain get some soon.  Seems like this time of year all we see on the news are terrible things going on with hurricanes & bad fires...  I hope everyone stays safe that are in the path of both.

I have to get busy with listings.  Took some pictures yesterday afternoon so I have to work on some listings.

Have a good one all

Message 146 of 156
latest reply

Thanks for the congrats guys. Baby Grey made it home yesterday.....still waiting for a pic with his eyes open lol

greyhome 001.jpg

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 147 of 156
latest reply

Looking, nice picture of baby Gray, thanks.  He's such a little cutie.

Last day of August today.  Our summer has been fairly cool and fairly long, too.  Three of the days in our ten day forecast are low 70s, the rest are 50s and 60s. 

Yesterday, I had read that thirty people had died because of the flooding in Texas, this morning they were saying thirty-five.    I don't think any of us have ever seen anything as disastrous as this storm has been.

Real life is calling my name so gotta run.  Talk with you all next month!

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 148 of 156
latest reply

Pat, I agree with your BB summary. I cracked up when Kevin used his toothbrush for hair and eyebrows. He's a character. It's makes me nuts that so many jumped on the Paul bandwagon and have no idea that he has multiple final three deals. He's not my favorite but kudos to his game play.

Lookng, Gray is so cute. Looking forward to the eyes open picture or any pics you wish to share.

Laurie, it sounds like you've had a good (weather) summer. I hope it continues awhile longer.

Message 149 of 156
latest reply

He's definitely the last as she had the op after, so I'm betting he gets spoiled rotten lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 150 of 156
latest reply