cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAMMERS

Amazing after 1 month a buyer started a dispute saying items received did not match description//the thing is it were bundles of banknotes,,why oh why are these people allwed to do this as we sellers have to work hard to make a living here ..we pay listing fees.end of auction fees.postage etc yet these scammers it like paradisse to them..please ebay and paypal do ome thing to protect us sellers/

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

SCAMMERS

It's rampant. And it makes me sick.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

@evans2756 wrote:

Amazing after 1 month a buyer started a dispute saying items received did not match description//the thing is it were bundles of banknotes,,why oh why are these people allwed to do this as we sellers have to work hard to make a living here ..we pay listing fees.end of auction fees.postage etc yet these scammers it like paradisse to them..please ebay and paypal do ome thing to protect us sellers/

Because people are deceptive and immoral. It is the world we live in. This is why I am poor, because I cannot fathom any plan to defraud others. The scammers will inherit the earth. I will go to sleep at night knowing that I have not wronged anyone, and for this I will be broke. My parents should have raised me to be a slimeball.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

Was this a solid 30 days after she received the item?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

@rockbottomvalues wrote:

@evans2756 wrote:

Because people are deceptive and immoral. It is the world we live in. This is why I am poor, because I cannot fathom any plan to defraud others. The scammers will inherit the earth. I will go to sleep at night knowing that I have not wronged anyone, and for this I will be broke. My parents should have raised me to be a slimeball.

I totally get what you are saying. I have thought the same exact thing and it's sad. Somedays I just look at the people who are liars and practically psychopaths who are highly successful. I am the worst liar on the planet, and I have too much of a Pollyanna attitude thinking that everything should be fair. Sometimes I feel like I'm an idiot and I should have learned to step on people and take advantage, maybe I'd be at a better place in life now. *sigh*

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

You sold it on a different id? I ask only because the last sale on the id you posted with was July 6.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

Paypal commissioned academics to study it and the result is the "Liar Buyer Fraud" study.  Google it.  It documents that eBay both empowers and enables it.

Google the name "David D'aries".  He committed Liar Buyer fraud for years without detection.  Somebody finally turned him in to postal authorities.  This is public information.  He served time in federal prison.

When you get ripped off, call the buyer's local USPS (if you ship that way) and notify the manager that one of their customers is engaging in fraud.

If it's a big one, make a police report to document the theft for your taxes.  Then ask your police to notify buyer's police.  Then ask for either one to report it through eBay's Law Enforcement portal.

Most sellers just pay off out of fear and stay silent.  Fight out in the real world with every tool you can get.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

@softersilk wrote:

Paypal commissioned academics to study it and the result is the "Liar Buyer Fraud" study.  Google it.  It documents that eBay both empowers and enables it.

"The paper, titled “Liar Buyer Fraud and How To Curb It,” was written by Markus Jakobsson, a former principal scientist in consumer security for PayPal and two former interns, Hossein Siadati and Mayank Dhiman. Siadati is currently a PhD student in computer science at NYU School of Engineering and Dhiman, a PhD student at the department of computer science and engineering at UC San Diego. The three academics came together to author the piece that examines the fraud scheme."

https://www.pymnts.com/news/2015/paypal-data-on-impact-of-liar-buyer-fraud/

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

@cherry*fizz wrote:

@rockbottomvalues wrote:

@evans2756 wrote:

I totally get what you are saying. I have thought the same exact thing and it's sad. Somedays I just look at the people who are liars and practically psychopaths who are highly successful. I am the worst liar on the planet, and I have too much of a Pollyanna attitude thinking that everything should be fair. Sometimes I feel like I'm an idiot and I should have learned to step on people and take advantage, maybe I'd be at a better place in life now. *sigh*

Glad to see there are a few fair people. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

It just happened to my husband account too. He sold the suit that he bought from boutique and we never altered it.its considered brand new. U all sure know how much it cost to have entire suit. He lose the money n the suit. Bravo stealer. Hope they all burn in hell. We r poor bcuz we r so kind to let people took away what we deserve
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

@evans2756 wrote:

I believe after 30 days  you're safe as all get out . Don't fret .  Tulips 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

Sometimes I feel like I'm an idiot and I should have learned to step on people and take advantage, maybe I'd be at a better place in life now. *sigh* - cherry fizz 

Scammers may be better off  money wise  by being slimeballs  but  in the end they usually end up quite alone . There are betters ways to be rich  than just having pockets full of cash . Consider yourself fortunate and take pride   to have maintained honor , respect   and friendships . It's those  things that really matter . Tulips 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

SCAMMERS

@azuem-54 wrote:
It just happened to my husband account too. He sold the suit that he bought from boutique and we never altered it.its considered brand new. U all sure know how much it cost to have entire suit. He lose the money n the suit. Bravo stealer. Hope they all burn in hell. We r poor bcuz we r so kind to let people took away what we deserve

I'm sorry that happened to you ,, but think of it this way . If the thief  has  even a speck of  conscience  the ''reward''  from his selfish behavior  will eventually eat away at him  [ or her]  until he realizes it or not  it just wasn't worth it.  Self respect goes a long way . Some people get so caught up in the moment  of delight  of scamming someone else  for a few bucks  they forget about how it's going to make themselves  feel down the road . Tulips 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply