cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES WAY DOWN TO ALMOST NOTHING?????????????

MY SALES ARE NOTHING ANYMORE. MORE FEES AND NO SALES CAN YOU TELL ME WHY! I HAVE BEEN SELLING OVER 20 YEARS AND THIS IS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Hi everyone,

Since this thread has gotten a bit off-topic, please bring the discussion back to the subject established in the original post.

Thank you.

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

Why ask us what products the OP is selling when you can look that up yourself?

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

My sales were way down too, but recently have bounced back a little.  Definitely consider all the great suggestions by  maxine*j!   Additionally, about the white background suggestion.... white backgrounds are favored by Google, which gets you more views and more buys as well 🙂     Also consider time of year affects what is sold, diversify yourself, you'll see what I am talking about.   Also add MORE items, if you can.  You don't have a lot listed.  Remember, the more you list, the more you will sell!  

Message 33 of 45
latest reply

Please don’t yell at us. We are all in the same boat.

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

One of the problems on eBay over the last few months is that their auction system rolled out new algorithms, Which prevented a lot of auctions being seen. Major problem for about two months late last year in the fall. I had this problem and after many calls to customer service, I finally got a person in their tech department to admit it. 

Then recently this past month they had a huge problem with relisting auctions where if you relisted an auction, it would NOT show up as a "new" item in the search results. Which meant it was pushed way down the list when a buyer search for it. How far down? Depended on when you originally listed the item for the first time. If you were selling a flower pot for two months (let's say your first listing on March 2) and relisted it on May 12 then the date showing up in search results when people searched for flower pot was March 2. Which meant buyers would have to scroll down the list of their search when they looked for newly  items listed on May 12 until they reached search results for March 2 - Obviously that means almost all will never go through so many listings to reach March 2nd. Which means no people would see your newly listed auction in May. The only work around was rather than to "relist" an auction was to completely create a new auction or sell similar auction. Sell similar worked a lot of the time but not 100%.

I could tell this was happening when I tried to find the item after re-listing it. After making numerous calls to customer service and being told it wasn't happening even though I could show them where it was based on my auction listing date, the date showing up on ebay (older than my re-listing date by months) , a eBay rep looked into for me and said Yes it was happening to my auctions and many others. It was costing me $ and eBay money they said. Their department was trying to fix it.  They refunded half my ebay listing fees for the month. 

Some auction relists are getting back to normal now for me while others still are not. So it's a slow process of them fixing whatever happened.

Anymore whenever I list an item in auction be it, newly listed, re-listed, or sell similar, I always do a newly listed search for that type of item within 2 hours of listing to see if it comes up as it should. I no longer trust eBay's auction listing system to do it right unless I double check it every time.

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

Just an update to what I had posted before - The eBay glitch with doing "relist" auctions is still happening as of 7/18/22. If you do a relist for an auction it doesn't show up as a new auction in search results for 7/18. Just tried one and it shows up as 7/9/22 which is further down the search results. eBay still hasn't fixed it.

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

Don't forget to vote 

Message 37 of 45
latest reply

Sales typically drop during June to September.  This year the sales are the worst I've seen in 22 years.  And of coarse, you have to take into consideration what used to be 8% sales fee/commission is now 12.6%.  

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

No, it's only an over saturated market if you're selling an item that everyone else has listed.

Inflation!

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

Over twenty years here too - I checked your completed and you have sales...some days more than one sale.  You don't have a lot of stuff listed so I would say to list more for more sales!!!!

Message 40 of 45
latest reply

Check your store using the ebay app. All of my listings show up on my desktop. However,  when I look at my store on my app fewer than half my listing show up. I think this is why my sales are drying up.

I have contacted ebay so many times. They say they are working on it.  I think they are full of it. It's been like a year. I've had all kinds of issues. 

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

Old thread folks!

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then why are we still reading and replying?

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

Welcome to Bidens America, hopefully things will change and economy will pick up after election (provided the right side wins house and senate)  Till then hang tough.

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Usually don't use the forum system on **bleep**bay as it's biased and there's too much interference from the classic dying dinosaur, but I feel you, no matter what I do or how much I beg for a penny can't sell a thing. People just don't accept offers and there are next to zero page views. Zilch. Bet I could post something up free shipping, item a penny and it still wouldn't sell. The fees are very high for a very disappointing ordeal. Don't know what to tell you. Maybe you could ask potential buyers to give you a chance? Listing something for reasonable price is not going to get them interested, so ironically. March 2024 does not show any signs that this dying dinosaur is making a comeback or that sellers are being any more successful getting their points across. I think a lot of people are just turned off to shopping. I don't think it's just **bleep** babe, a lot of sales platforms are lagging, but there may be some ones that are in better shape where seller could stand a decent chance of getting noticed and making a sale.

Message 45 of 45
latest reply