cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES PROMOTIONS TIME LIMITED

(first why isn't Sales Promotins a catagory of boards to select?)

Why does eBay have to limit the time period that I am able to have an item on sale?  That to me is a business desicion which should be up to the seller to decide not for eBay to dictate.

We have nearly 6000 items many of which we have on sale so we have several hundred sales going on.  Since we do not have the time nor the manpower to put them all on sale (or back on sale) at one time we stagger them out and always seem to have a hundred or so to relist all the time which is very time consuming using the platform that eBay has provided to us.

The platform itself is backwards as well and is very disfunctional.  First I have to copy an ended listing (why not have relist as an option?) then first screen is the % or $ amount that you want, second screen shows the items listed (red comment if some are missing because they were sold does not tell you what they were and no option to do another search and choose the items.  We put items on sale by manufacture so if we have received new items since the sale was launched last you cannot capture them in the relisting of the sale so we have to just delete and recreats the sale in it's entirity).

When you do get to that second screen (which should be first, period) it contains information such as veiws and watchers and if you have an item with a lot of views and several watchers but no sales you probably want to increase the sale amount and now have to click back to the previous screen and change the sale amount.  if you are okay with the current sale discount then you proceed to the final page.  

You can do nothing and just select "Launch" or in our case I always select "start now" in the date range field.

We also save our sale event name and sale event description as "Cisco 15% off" so we can tell from viewing active listings what is actuall on sale without having to click on the item to see what's inside.

If we have change the discount amount from say 15% to 20% we have to make sure to change both the sale event name and sale event description (everyone loves redundency) so we know what the item and sale amount is from the active listings page.

The current platform and it's funstions (or disfunctions for us) are good for people who have a handfull of items listed to sell but for those of us who have thousands it is very disfunctional to say the least.

Not to mention it's still called the Markdown Manager from the overview page which changed what over a year ago?

Would love to have access to decision makers and programmers for 30 minutes or so I am sure we could make the platform better for all, I guess I will have to wait until next years eBay Open though because my comments, e-mails and phone calls seem to fall on deaf ears since leaving the last eBay Open.

Help us out here eBay I could list several hundred more items a month if I wasn't spending as much time doing things that should be much easier (lift the time limit on having items on sale and completely solve my problem).

Hoping someone who can make a real difference will read this and take the actions necessary to address and fix these issues.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0