cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russia/Georgia Scam - NEVER deliver to New Castle Deleware address!!

So the new scam that is destroying EBAY uses a shipping service based out of New Castle Deleware. 

Here is how they work the scam in a nutshell.

https://www.usa2georgia.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/58/11/what-will-my-us-addr...

Today they hit me for ALL my auctions, what a pain.   I was smart enough to know not to send to an address like this.  All the scammer user names seem to have an underscore in them or are watching and being watched by a bunch of fake EBAY stores, pretty easy to spot if you are careful.

Ive read about two scams, fake paypal payments, and they say they never recieved the item at like the 90 day mark.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

To all those questioning me on why I do not want to sell through a forwarder -

Raise your hand here if you would send an item worth thousands of dollars to Nigeria?

Well that could happen if you accept a forwarder and payment is made through paypal.

Message 31 of 48
latest reply

ebays CEO is moving to a no hand holding no begging you'll either accept their new terms or close your account. The seller cradle to grave coverage will soon be a thing of the past....

Message 32 of 48
latest reply

I thought that one of the methods around the re-shipper is that you can specify in your PayPal account that you only accept US funds. So the international buyer would have to have a US bank account.
Message 33 of 48
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Raise your hand here if you would send an item worth thousands of dollars to Nigeria?

I wouldn't sell an item worth thousands of dollars here in the first place. I only sell items that I can afford to lose, and thus I don't care where the buyer actually is as long as the purchase goes through properly. I've sold to Beijing. Moscow, Thailand, Malta... all kinds of places. One of my current bidders is in Turkey.

Message 34 of 48
latest reply

@a_c_greenwrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

I wouldn't sell an item worth thousands of dollars here in the first place. I only sell items that I can afford to lose, and thus I don't care where the buyer actually is as long as the purchase goes through properly. I've sold to Beijing. Moscow, Thailand, Malta... all kinds of places. One of my current bidders is in Turkey.

I can  only sell what I know.

And that is what I sell - fine diamond jewelry.

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

How can I do that with someone in Ukraine, Indonesia, Yugoslavia, Lithunia, Egypt, Romania, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Israel and Nigeria.

According to google that is where most of the scams originate.

Google told you about Yugoslavia? There even was no google when  Yugoslavia disintegrated.+

What Israel and Russia doing in your list? They both do confirm delivery even for first class.  Shipped hundres of packages there. 

What your are saying has no point at all.

Message 36 of 48
latest reply

Ha. I'm in Delaware and New Castle is just about 5 minutes away. The address on your link says it's 8 McCullough dr. I work at 11 McCullough dr.
I'll walk down there and take a look for you. I know it's a warehouse.

Small world.
Message 37 of 48
latest reply

@sshopopopwrote:

@emerald40wrote:

How can I do that with someone in Ukraine, Indonesia, Yugoslavia, Lithunia, Egypt, Romania, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Israel and Nigeria.

Google told you about Yugoslavia? There even was no google when  Yugoslavia disintegrated.+

What Israel and Russia doing in your list? They both do confirm delivery even for first class.  Shipped hundres of packages there. 

What your are saying has no point at all.

Did you even read what I posted.

According to google, the most scams occur in those countries.

Message 38 of 48
latest reply

Yugoslavia no longer exists so if a site is saying that Yugoslavia has a lot of fraud that info is very very  outdated.

Message 39 of 48
latest reply

I live in Indonesia and use a freight forwarder in New Jersey.  A package from Amazon was damaged and they declined receipt.  I have many items from Amazon, Ebay, etc... shipped to New Jersey.  

Message 40 of 48
latest reply

@glgenterprisewrote:
I thought that one of the methods around the re-shipper is that you can specify in your PayPal account that you only accept US funds. So the international buyer would have to have a US bank account.

When a buyer makes a purchase on eBay, PayPal or their credit card company automatically transfers that currency to whatever currency the listing was done in. Buyers don’t need to have a US bank account so blocking other currencies doesn’t prevent international buyers from purchasing.

Message 41 of 48
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

@yuzuhawrote:

@emerald40wrote:

As I said if you sell high value items, it would pay for a scam buyer to pay shipping and send you back something out of a gumball machine.

And you would have to refund him.

It may work for some, but I would never take the chance, not until paypal closes the loophole that once it leaves the reshipper, won and done.

Which is different from what can happen with a domestic sale how...?

As I have previously said, with domestic shipping there are a few methods I can at least try if something goes south.

Ukraine, Indonesia, Yugoslavia, Lithunia, Egypt, Romania, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Israel and Nigeria.

More in depth and later article

High risk for scams - Nigeria, Ukraine, Malaysia

Moderate - Turkey, Romania

And from what I am seeing in my category - diamonds - I would put Israel at high scam since many are in Israel but use New York as a US address, and their listings are very deceptive.

But other countries are learning, likeGhana, UAE, India, South Africa China, India, UK, Hong Kong.

So in other words, it is enough for me to have to deal with the domestic scams.

Message 42 of 48
latest reply

I walked down there. It's just a shipping company.

Relevant reading - How Delaware Thrives as a Corporate Tax Haven

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/01/business/how-delaware-thrives-as-a-corporate-tax-haven.html

Message 43 of 48
latest reply

its tru!!!

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

@462cid wrote:

And after you ship, the buyer makes a claim of damage, no reciept, not as advertised, or if it's with a hacked paypal account you are 100% out of luck, they are not reachable. 

This is usually how these scams go. 

Reshippers make it almost impossible to return an item, mostly because even if the buyer opens a return you simply have to accept it and then wait because ebay will issue a return label From that reshipper's DE address to you and that means most likely nothing will happen... The buyer can't use that label, only the reshipper can but the label is now on the buyer's PC, so the buyer first has to ship the item back to the reshipper on their dime and it only gets even more complicated, so much so most buyers never even try and bother with a return.

That being said...

I hope you only cancelled a few (like 1 or 2) auctions.

Message 45 of 48
latest reply