cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riddle Me This Oh Great Puzzle Solvers

I know it's not really so but doesn't it seem like the no returns sellers are the ones that do not include measurements, have two photos and whose descriptions say "nice top."

Do they get a zillion snads filed against them?  But their feedback usually looks okay; not 100% but at least 99.8%. 

I can't afford to buy good golf clothing from a no returns seller so I just pass right on by even though it's like a stab in my strong golf left arm to miss that great Jamie Sadock shirt (which is going to be $30-$40, no returns?  un uh).

Okay, back to work now.  I just had to have a small vent moment.  I spent a zillion minutes tonight carefully researching three items (some of my wackos, not clothing) and writing the listings.  And i even used bullet points.  If you include my photo time, add another zillion minutes. I've got to figure out how to do this on-the-floor-with-a-phone-blur-photo thing.

Actually, seriously, do these sellers get tons of returns?  And it would have to be snads or something if they are no return sellers.

Signed,

Mystified and Weary

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Riddle Me This Oh Great Puzzle Solvers

Sellers get tons of returns with buyers trying to rip them off.

You seem to be able to Name-Drop when it comes to Golf Attire.  Based on that, you should know at this point what fits you ........ Yes?

Yes?  ........  Buy something that you know fits you from a reputable eBay seller, wear it proudly, and don't return it,  or belly-ache.  

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Ummm...okay...

??

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

They have to get tons of returns, I don;t know how they wouldn't. Even when we add all the measurements... every measurement you could fathom there are still buyers who return saying it didn't fit.
Not sure whats worse, lazy sellers or lazy buyers.
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

"Buy something that you know fits you from a reputable eBay seller, wear it proudly, and don't return it, or belly-ache."

Not all items of clothing are created equal.
As a seller I have ran across items I've gotten from outlet stores that ran smaller or larger than their department store counterparts.
Used items can shrink or be stretched.
Measurements are a necessity. "buy this great pair of size large shorts by Brand XYZ" doesn't help much.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I put measurements on all my garments and shoes. Buyers still try to return saying the measurements are either incorrect or just simply doesn't fit. They either don't read or don't care. To think I spend hours measurements and material, and still get these problems. Sadly, nothing is guaranteed.
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@nicgola-0 wrote:
They have to get tons of returns, I don;t know how they wouldn't. Even when we add all the measurements... every measurement you could fathom there are still buyers who return saying it didn't fit.
Not sure whats worse, lazy sellers or lazy buyers.

Doesn't fit is remorse and can be declined by no returns.  I've done that.  I've never done returns.  It's easier to fight against false claims when you don't accept them

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

But I so include measurements 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I sell mostly Glass & Pottery. Dinnerware and the like. I do list measurements. I still get measurement questions. You'd be surprised by how many buyers say the measurements are wrong after delivery. Or maybe you wouldn't....

In my category, here's what I see all. the. time. "may have utensil scratches,  crazing, etc." I can't imagine buying from these sellers. They must get a ton of returns.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Oh, it's the same with books.

"Good condition, see pics"  and there are two fuzzy pictures Smiley Frustrated

Most of them list less than me and their sales blow mine out of the water. dizzy_face

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Oh, I'd believe it Moo. Especially nowadays when it requires an extra click in mobile to see full item description.

This one transaction in particular sticks out in my mind. I sold a chocolate fondue pot back in... 2007? 2005? Somewhere around there. It was small & meant for dessert items like chocolate and caramel - things you wouldn't need a huge quantity of unless you were hosting an event. It used a tea light underneath to melt the chocolate which should help you imagine the scale.

Buyer receives and immediately wants to return it saying it "looked bigger in the photo".

I replied back, very nice, said that measurements were included in the listing and there were 2 photos that inclued a tape measure. In addition it said in the description it was a small dessert-size item which held about 12oz and I also pointed out the tea light in the photograph which was an indicator of size, as well. I asked her how the listing could have been improved to better indicate size because if I made an error then I wanted to make it right for her.

I think I also offered return for refund minus shipping+fees, though paying shipping both ways would have cost her more than she would have received in refund for the item price.

After that message I never heard back from the buyer. I am assuming she chalked it up to a lesson learned and hopefully read descriptions and looked at photos more closely from there on out.

If this happened today I'm sure she would have filed SNAD for item being different from description. unamused

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@nicgola-0 wrote:
"Buy something that you know fits you from a reputable eBay seller, wear it proudly, and don't return it, or belly-ache."

Not all items of clothing are created equal.
As a seller I have ran across items I've gotten from outlet stores that ran smaller or larger than their department store counterparts.
Used items can shrink or be stretched.
Measurements are a necessity. "buy this great pair of size large shorts by Brand XYZ" doesn't help much.

And sometimes sizes can vary even within a brand.  I have three shirts from Talbots in size S that all fit me perfectly.  I bought another one (same size) and it turned out to be way too big on me for whatever reason.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@moo*cow*corner wrote:

I sell mostly Glass & Pottery. Dinnerware and the like. I do list measurements. I still get measurement questions. You'd be surprised by how many buyers say the measurements are wrong after delivery. Or maybe you wouldn't....

In my category, here's what I see all. the. time. "may have utensil scratches,  crazing, etc." I can't imagine buying from these sellers. They must get a ton of returns.

That makes me crazy too. I'm in the same cat. It either does or doesn't ... what's this "may"???

Everything I sell has measurements and exact condition descriptions.

It's those "may have" sellers, and the ones who just say "good" that also ship a bone china cup in a PFRE (no box).

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

OP, you are probably right about no returns sellers not including measurements - but if you look a  little deeper, it is probably because a no returns seller is probably a new seller getting rid of their last years closet stuff, who doesn't know that no returns does not mean no refunds on ebay.  They also do not know what constitutes a good listing that will include information that will help avoid problems after they ship.

And since new sellers get boosts in search, of course their sell through is a lot higher and their stuff is seen more often. 

A lot of buyers search by price and first impression gallery pic view and that is all they consider - and ebay encourages that as their app doesn't show description and extra pics without extra clicks.   And some experienced sellers wonder - why do the extra work?

If you are searching on ebay now, you are probably looking for a bargain first and unusual or unattainable second (but price will be a factor), and a lot of buyers, for personal use, who sell on ebay will overthink their selling experience and apply it to when they buy.

(*Bleep*)
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@moo*cow*corner wrote:

That makes me crazy too. I'm in the same cat. It either does or doesn't ... what's this "may"???

Everything I sell has measurements and exact condition descriptions.

It's those "may have" sellers, and the ones who just say "good" that also ship a bone china cup in a PFRE (no box).

Me too, I sell a lot of G&P. Thing is, I really hate having to inspect for the tinest of scratches. I am not quite sure how to deal with that issue. I of course do not sell items with large unsightly scratches, but trying to find every single tiny scratch on glass has me annoyed and concerned over the try for the partial claiming a tiny scratch or snad. I even get out my loupe quite often to inspect some less than perfectly finished edge. I do not use the words "may have" however, replacements does. I think they're smart. Used glassware should not have to be inspected with a loupe unless it is the creme de la creme baccarat. 

I still see horrible sellers too. I looked at some glass this weekend in which the seller said fantastic condition or something to that effect, and with the zoom you could see a large amount of scratches. But, if you think ebay sellers are still bad, just go to Etsy, yowsa. 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply