cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revising Feedback on a Buyer

Hey fellow resellers. I am currently serving 30 days in the FB Hoosegow so I can't vent this out in the eBay Group there. So here I am in the Forum. Yay...

Can a Seller revise their Feedback left for a Buyer like a Buyer can change their Feedback on a Seller? I mean eBay incessantly hounds us to leave the FeedBack, even on canceled orders and returns and before the Items are delivered which I will never do, and we Sellers aren't given the option to leave Neutral or Negative Feedback on a Buyer even after the 7 days they say we can wait to do so. Seems lopsided in favor of the Buyer to me. 

Anyway, I recently sold a brand new blouse with its tags. I did not wash it because it had tags on it. I waited for 3 days after Buyer had received it to leave her my canned Positive Feedback. I guess I wait 3 days because imo that is ample time for a Buyer to contact a Seller if there is an issue. But that's neither here nor there. The day after I had left her feedback she leaves me Neutral Feedback stating it's a lovely blouse but 'reeked' of cigarette smoke, yada, yada, rudeness. I sent her a message with my apologies and an offer to reimburse her to have it cleaned. I waited 5 days and heard nothing from her. So I responded to her feedback with basically the same message 3 days ago and have still gotten no response. I don't guess she is gunning for any kind of refund on the blouse or else she'd have responded to one of the 2 texts I've sent. Or maybe my paying for a cleaning isn't enough. Idk. However, I would like to revise my feedback left for her adding that she, for whatever reason, chose to leave me neutral feedback with a nasty comment without first making contact with me to see what I, as the Seller, was willing to do to ensure her satisfaction. 

I do my best to keep my Buyers happy and am 100% ready to make any wrong right in the hopes that by doing so a disgruntled Buyer will see that I am a honest and good Seller and so may come back to my store and give me another chance in the future. But these Buyers that are underhanded and do things like this, however minor it may be to some of you, need to be given a dose of the same medicine they serve up. 

So yeah, how can a Seller revise Feedback left a Buyer? 

Thanks for tolerating my rant. Have a great Holiday Season! 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Revising Feedback on a Buyer

I believe buyer would have to respond to your reply and you can reply back....but can't erase your first feedback. Anyway, it's a neutral and most buyers don't read them. Doesn't hurt your selling.

Buyer can revise their feedback in a 30 day time frame of item received.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

There are many many Sellers on here that are now "Former Sellers"...Now maybe you can get an inkling of one of the many many reasons why..

Feebay's feedback system has been a lie since Feebay decided to prevent Sellers from leaving negative feedback.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@mylittledotofthabay wrote: ... Can a Seller revise their Feedback left for a Buyer like a Buyer can change their Feedback on a Seller? ... ...

No. There is no way to revise feedback that has a positive rating, but you can leave a followup comment.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Seller leaves buyer a positive.

Buyer leaves seller a neutral or negative.

Seller wants to "take back" the positive to retaliate for the neutral/negative they received.

So typical.

That's why I don't agree with sellers who don't leave positive feedback unless they get one first.

My buyers get a positive feedback from me as soon as they buy/pay.

It's to say "thank you" for your purchase, just as you would in a retail store.

I don't hold it hostage just in case something goes wrong.

If something goes wrong, I deal with it.

I've asked lots of sellers ... if they've ever given a buyer a positive feedback after receiving a negative.

Guess what the unanimous answer is?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@baptized_by_fire wrote:

There are many many Sellers on here that are now "Former Sellers"...Now maybe you can get an inkling of one of the many many reasons why..

Any seller who left eBay because they could not retract or revise feedback for a buyer was probably not well-equipped for e-commerce to begin with.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

So, is your inventory exposed to cigarette smoke? If so, that could present bigger issues going forward than just one neutral feedback.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

That's is the correct answer short and sweet. There is no need to write a long story about it. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@mylittledotofthabay wrote: 

So yeah, how can a Seller revise Feedback left a Buyer? 

You cannot do that! You (as a seller) are allowed to leave only positive feedback with a positive comment for buyers. 

So you know, sellers who leave negative comments for buyers risk feedback violation dings and enough of those, you'll further find yourself in ebay hoosegow. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Sometimes feedback replies left by sellers to the feedback that they get is more detrimental to their selling account than the feedback that the buyer left. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

But WHY is it that way? I mean, overall I am a happy eBay reseller that once I got used to the whole them managing my payouts have had little to no complaints, and even defend them at times. But things like this really chap my **bleep**. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

That is just me. I tend to overexplain and ramble on. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

It should not be. On occasion, I suppose, although rarely is any person down there in my office space. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

That's not really my point. I swear somebody up above just griped about my over explaining, and this is why I fo that. My point is, why do they not have the common decency to make contact with the Seller orior to leaving their bad words and then completely ignore the Seller when he ir she makes an attempt to make it right and the Buyer happy? 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks everyone for responding to my bad day rant. Sorry it took me a couple of days to read them, but I tried to respond back to all. I am over and under it now. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply