cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return question,

Help, getting bad buyers  who know how to get over on sellers.Last month I accepted a return they ruined my items.I still had to pay them, plus return shipping.Today I got a return opened, stating pieces missing, I know they are lying.I personally inspected each one.Plus I put in my description, some of them needed TLC.they responded that I send label or ebay will refund them anyway, basically pay me now or ebay will pay them, and I'll get a strike.How do I stop this, 20yrs on ebay.Lately it's like a license to steal.I have account set at no returns.Should I change it? How do I fight this bad buyer? They are lying.And should not be rewarded for it.and I will still have to pay them plus return label

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Return question,

Do "returns accepted where buyer pays for return shipping". I am still waiting for my first return in a year or more.

Buyers have no clue how to repack, tape(if they have it), take it to the place(wherever that is on their time frame) to mail it back and have to pay for postage.

"No returns" can mean buyer gets a refund and doesn't return anything because it states "no returns" on your item. 

And remember....."no returns" does not mean "no returns"....

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Return question,

Thank you.Im going to change everything.Looks like after this, one.Cause I'm getting beat again.Going to have to give this jerk there money.Even after they, removed pieces.Its not right.Im so ticked off

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Return question,

@bettysbatsintheattic wrote:

“I have account set at no returns.Should I change it? How do I fight this bad buyer? …”

Yes, you need to change that to accept returns. There is a valuable benefit to doing so. Top Rated Sellers  (and sellers who offer Free Returns) may be eligible to withhold up to 50% of the refund when the item is returned in a damaged, or altered state. 

As for your current bad buyer, accept the return to avoid another case getting opened against you.  This is important to your standing on eBay. If you drop Below Standard it can drop you in Search results, among other negative outcomes, including getting assessed higher Final Value fees.

It sometimes happens that unhappy buyers wanting a refund from a No Return seller may force the issue by opening a bogus Not As Described case.  Offering to accept returns can protect a seller from this happening.

Keep in mind that should a case get opened, there is always the chance the buyer is telling the truth. It is possible that a seller may have inadvertently  overlooked a flaw. Or that, despite expertise in packing, sometimes damage occurs in transit regardless. Because of this, i will give a buyer the benefit of the doubt when an issue arises. In 15 years of selling here, never had a bad buyer (knock on wood).

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Return question,

This guy is lying, I sold 40 cassette tapes I grew up in the 70s.I know all about these.I personally inspected them.I may listing I said a few had loose felt and need TLC. Meaning glue the felt back down.All cases and tapes were good.He states 75 % percent felt is missing.And now tapes are no good.He is lying though his teeth.Now even if I send label.I got a feeling he is going to send me trash back.Like a return I did accept weeks ago were person ruined my jewelry.Both of these buyers are sellers also.There abusing policy.Ive never experienced  this before.Connected ebay the should of sided with me, just how my description was written, they said no because they didn't authenticated  items.What? So now we can never sell vintage used items ? They all need authenticated? This is **bleep**

Message 5 of 5
latest reply