cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Paypal vs Ebay for my situation?

I sent a buyer the wrong item. I have since sent him the proper item which he has received and provided positive feedback.  Their is no dispute of any kind and no case opened with eBay.

I told the buyer I would fully refund when/if he sent me the wrong item back (I provided a self addressed, stamped envelope in the package with the proper item).

My question is... what is the best way for me to perform the refund since there is no dispute/request for a refund? Just me giving the buyer their money back as a token of my appreciation for dealing with my mistake and also returning my item to me. Of course I dont want a defect or any other similar headache.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Send the refund via Paypal is easiest. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I was reading in very old threads that will trigger defect?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you didnt get any dispute/request for the refund then you should contact to the buyer and ask him to sent you the item that you have mistakenly send to him. And thats okay.
May be he might not find the options to contact you, But its still not late, so you must go ahead and approach the buyer.
And still if you see the buyer wants the same product. Then I must say you are the lucky one.
And if he does not want the item then you may go with the refund process and get your item back, or else you can just exchange the item which the buyer was looking for.

Thank you 

Javda

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you send a refund via the original transaction, you will get a defect for being out of stock.  Use the "send money" option in Paypal. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@occards-on-the-bay wrote:

I was reading in very old threads that will trigger defect?

A refund of 80% or more through PP can trigger a OOS defect.  But you can avoid that by sending an email in the Ebay email system to the buyer that explains why you are refunding the amount you are refunding.  A simple thing that some forget or just don't do.  But that all it takes to avoid the defect.

It is however important to remember that issuing a refund through PP does not get you the FVFs refunded from Ebay.  So as long as you are OK with that, there is no problem refunding without a claim in place.

@myboardid 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 6
latest reply