cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving expired drafts

I had about 15-20 draft listings which cannot be recreated due to the research and time put in, and the fact that i have since injured my back in a car accident and cannot spend the time to duplicate this, fix the images, etc.

It doesn't say anywhere on the draft listings page that draft listings expire.  I am a new seller and when I initially tried to post them, I was told to wait 30 days and then I could post my drafts.  I did and now the drafts are gone.

I use Google Chrome, not Firefox: the drafts are not cached.  Please advise what I should do. Can ebay retrieve through cache in their IT department given the lack of transparency and the fact that eBay themselves told me I could post these same draft listings after 30 days (despite the fact that they would be expired by then). 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have the same problem with missing drafts and listings, probably expired...can anyone help?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I can't help with retrieving deleted drafts. I've seen a couple of messages where it's been done, but only with the help of the right CS reps who are willing to go the extra mile to help a seller (said CS people are truly rare).

I recently went 'round with a couple of CS reps on how long they can stay on the list. The gist is drafts can remain 30 or 90 days depending on which CS reps you talk to. My workaround is to post drafts and then copy them before 30 days. When the originals disappear (which they will do without warning or chance of retrieval), I copy them again and so on, ad infinitum. Keeps the important ones up and available all the time. HTH.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It takes a few seconds if you elect to 'resume' draft and then re-save it, you don't have to make any changes.  That draft moves up to the top of the list and has a new expiration date.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This failed to save my drafts from getting deleted.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I believe once they time out, they are gone for good. To keep them from timing out, you need to keep moving up the scheduled starting date in the draft. eBay only holds them for so long if you don't do that. I've held drafts for over 6 months before.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I use drafts very sparingly.  I had several just disappear years ago and have not trusted it since.  I did not have them on for more than a week.  I have made listing descriptions to copy and paste in a word processor and saved photos.  Now I just list it and leave it.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply