cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted listing in health and beauty category

Hello Ebay sellers,

I'd like to ask some questions about restriction.

I am selling numbing cream from July and I got a message from Ebay that my products are removed because of below reasons(You can find the email from ebay at the end of this message)

I've sold around 60 items but I haven't get any feedback from buyers so far.

Is it the reason why my items are removed from the category?

It is so weird that another similar items are still selling in the category for a long time.

Can you give me some wisdom for this issue?

Thank you.

Below message is from Ebay.

After careful consideration, we have decided to restrict your account indefinitely from listing in the health and beauty category. You are still able to list and sell items in other categories; however, you will not be able to list in this category any longer. We know you may be disappointed with this decision but please understand we have taken this action to help ensure a safer buying and selling environment on eBay.  

Some of the things we look at when reviewing accounts for category restrictions are:

-- How much history a member has selling these types of items on the site.

-- Positive selling Feedback for the items in question.

-- Any Feedback that questions the authenticity of the items.

-- Unresolved disputes with buyers for these items.

-- Compliance with eBay policies.

-- Previous account suspensions or eBay policy violations.

-- The current status of your account.

-- Any supplier information that cannot be verified.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hard to tell which reason was applied. I doubt that if it was feedback related issue because your account is still open.

Maybe it has something to do with the type of cream, as there are always new restrictions and new laws in the US, and eBay has to comply with that. Another reason can be a number of Korean sellers selling in that category? Doesn`t really make sense, but who knows.

You can still sell other items though, maybe some good quality kim? 🙂 I haven`t yet found kim I usually buy in Korean`s supermarkets or markets on eBay. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Lidocaine often requires a signature
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Only if it's over 4%. OTC lidocaine creams/sprays in the USA only have 4%.

Guess that was it. The OP's creams had 10.6%

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@simplyinternational wrote: 

Some of the things we look at when reviewing accounts for category restrictions are:

-- How much history a member has selling these types of items on the site.

Having just registered in February of 2019, you have virtually no history of selling these types of items on the site.

-- Positive selling Feedback for the items in question.

You have no feedback at all.

-- Any Feedback that questions the authenticity of the items.

Again, no feedback.

-- Unresolved disputes with buyers for these items.

Do have any open cases?

-- Compliance with eBay policies.

There are maximum levels of lidocaine allowed in over-the-counter products in the United States and probably in other countries. The products you're selling exceed that legal limit, which would be a violation of eBay policies.

-- Previous account suspensions or eBay policy violations.

Has your account been suspended in the past or found to have violated eBay policies?

-- The current status of your account.

Of course, we know the current status of your account . . .

-- Any supplier information that cannot be verified.

Has eBay asked you to verify where you are getting your items?

It is so weird that another similar items are still selling in the category for a long time.

Please don't judge what you can sell by what others are selling. You don't know why your items were removed, and you don't know the circumstances of any other sellers, their accounts or their products. 

I've sold around 60 items but I haven't get any feedback from buyers so far.

I think that's a bit odd in and of itself. Do you have any kind of explanation for why that might be?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Your Lidocaine creams are in  the restricted category because of the dosage exceeds what ia allowed to be sold over the counter.  Lidocaine cream does not require a prescription or signature unless it exceeds the recommended OTC dosage.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply