cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restaurant Equipment - Anyone Know What These Are?

I picked up a couple of big commercial coffee makers at an auction recently. In order to get the filter baskets I was forced to buy a separate lot of random stainless. I got several of these things and I don't know what they are. They are heavy 18lbs that feels like 25 and big 23x19x6". The auction called them "bottle holders" but I am not sure thats what they are. There were fryers and coolers at the auction. They don't have any grease on them so I think they are refrigeration related. They also don't have any sticky residue. If they were for liquor bottles there would be some sticky somewhere. Any ideas appreciated.

IMG_6457.JPGIMG_6458.JPG

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Restaurant Equipment - Anyone Know What These Are?

It's a speed rail.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Not sure, but do not think they are bottle holders - those are usually tiered for easy access (these are too tall) and they do not usually have holes in the bottom to drain - that would be a mess under a bar.  The sides make no sense for that either.  Might be a basin rack of some sort as it has the hook lip and possibly slides into another piece you do not have?    

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

It definitely slides into another thing with the lip at the top back there. It must be quite a large thing it hooks onto because they are so heavy. They are incredibly tall and don't seem suitable for bottles. Maybe CO2 cylinder holders.... I am going to look. That would explain why so clean as well, CO2 isn't messy. 

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@baydistributionllc Could be bottle holders that slide onto the front or sides of an ice bin.  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Industrial dishwasher utensil holder?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

That is what one would think if you don't have them in your hands. They certainly look like that but they are far too big for that.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It's a speed rail.  

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Some of the brands of equipment sold at the same auction were....

Vulcan Hart

Blodgett

Hoshizaki

True

Taylor

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

they are so heavy

You might be onto something on the CO2 - if they are that heavy with open sides, they are meant to hold something really heavy as well.  It is the drainage plate in the bottom that is stumping me.  CO2 bottles would not need to drain.  What needs a drain plate?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Vulcan &Blodgett are ranges, ovens, griddles

Hoshizaki makes ice machines & BOTTLE COOLERS.  Might be Hoshizaki?

Posting ID Only.......
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Stor+N%27+Pour+Wine+Pourer (1).jpg

Maybe to hold something like this that has to be refrigerated?

Posting ID Only.......
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

It's a speed rail.  

I believe you're right, I knew it looked familiar, can't believe I didn't recognize it since I spent years loading them

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Yes. I think its custom for a custom bar. Inserts for the well so you can pull the bottles out of the nice. I dont think I will be able to find a part number, probably application specific. I do have some great keywords, speed rail, well insert, bottle holder. Thanks for helping!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@baydistributionllcmake sure you use "bar ware" as a keyword

Message 14 of 14
latest reply