cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responding to expired offer

I am a seller that was made an offer on one of my items but the 23 hours already expired. Is there any way to contact the member and tell them to resubmit offer 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@shellemanes-0 

You can send direct message to the member and tell him/her to re-send you the offer again.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

But if he let it expire, basically he was refusing it.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You can add Make an Offer to the listing. Tell the potential buyer you will accept their offer of $20 or whatever.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Right

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hi aqeeqsouq, 

How do I direct message a potential buyer? I had a similar occurrence - offer expired before I had a chance to respond.  Can I contact this member?  If so, how?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

If you're ready to accept whatever that 'lesser' amount was that they offered, why not just go ahead and revise the listing, lower the price TO that amount?  That way, not only will that buyer be able to get it at the price they wanted; so could anyone else who sees the listing.  And if you have it set to 'Require immediate payment for Buy It Now' then you don't even have to worry about the ole 'buyer making offer just to secure the item for themselves until whenever they have the money to pay' business.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for your help!  Soooo I know this is going to sound silly, but I feel badly not responding to the offer made…

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

If they liked the item enough to make an offer, they are probably watching it, and will buy it when they go back and see that the price has dropped.  

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Good thinking - thank you!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

how? I don't know who the buyer/member is. it only shows me the first and last letter of their member id

how can I send them a message?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

but I never sent anyone an offer. they were offering a price to me, eBay even lists them as a "buyer" in expired offers, and only shows the first and last letter of their member id

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

same question 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@aakl03 

This thread is 20 months old and it is doubtful most here will reply as many are not selling presently.

Should you have any concerns or questions, it's always a good idea to start your own thread to get the help & advice you need for your situation.

Happy Selling

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply