cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relisting books problem

This problem started for me last week. Any time a book listing ends and I go to relist it, I get an error code message in red stating not allowed to list this in this catagory....which does not make sense when its a book and was there all the times before. I have tried everything. ebay's tech department tried to tell me it was a problem on my computer that they were not seeing this, yet the initial ebay agent said she could see the error code. Anyone else having this same problem? This was never an issue till last week. Thank you

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Relisting books problem

ebay cs giving false information again
 Suprising !!!!!

This has been a known issue with the ISBN catalog , sellers have been taking out the ISBN numbers so they can get item listed/relisted
Watch the ones that do take because there has also been postings that the ISBN takes but is picking up incorrect type of books.

Here are a few posts from this seller board, there are many more on Memeber to Member & other boards
It's an issue they refuses to admit to or fix
@Anonymous
@Anonymous

Any input here, do you need more problem URL's because there lots if you search ISBN

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Can-t-Relist-Nonfiction-book-in-the-Nonfiction-Category/m-p/26751182

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Book-Categories/qaq-p/26747284

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

I was on the phone to 2 different CS reps. They admitted they saw the problem I am having with relisting - catalog drops the picture. I've been having to pull books a lot to add a photo when relisting. 

Also the problem of the catalog not allowing me to change the category. 

the catalog is ALL messed up. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

THis was a problem I had about a month ago, and then it disappeared.  Just resurfaced again today when I tried to revise a YA childrens book.  I did the product look up and it was changed to fiction from childrens, then updated just fine.  Right after, I updated another YA childrens book with not problems.

I'm wondering if they are now blocking book listings that don't conform to the category in ebay's catalog? 

Sort of related, I've noticed that the nonfiction category in turbolister doesn't seem to be correct.  It only accepts cookbooks.  I've tried running the turbolister updates, but I think ebay has said they're stopping support for turbo lister soon? 

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

I was also having this problem when uploading with turbolister about a month ago.  Ebay was requiring a picture when that never used to be an issue with books.  At that time it was only happening with fiction books.  Then it stopped a day or so later.  I haven't tried to upload anything yet today. 

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

Well hoping Heidi or Trinton come by & will pass this along because CS get's nothing done, nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

thank you all for the replies, at least it is good to know I am not the only one with this issue, but it sure is annoying and backing up listings/inventory that I can not relist. 

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

Plus they are so robotic. I called the second time to just tell them to pass my complaint to tech support. They demanded to have an item number and it took me gyrations to get them one, then it was a painful period of them trying to figure out what I was talking about, then being on hold while they talked to a supervisor. In the end they just took my complaint to forward....what I asked for in the first place. 

I am not confident of them fixing the problem at least based on repeated calls over the past few weeks.  

Message 8 of 62
latest reply

Yes, I am too!  There have been discussions on this dating back to February.  Said then it was Ebay glitch, so was it every fixed or has it just come up again?  

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

your right it did happen a month or two ago and then it appeared to be fixed, but here we are again. The tech department had told me it was a problem with my computer that they had no such problem and I should be using my phone instead. Unbelievable, thats all they seem to care about pushing. 

Message 10 of 62
latest reply

Just curious, do you actually photograph your book?  I just scan the cover, which is a lot easier, quicker, and can give better detail.  It's still a pain when your book is in very good or better condition and looks just like the stock picture. 

Message 11 of 62
latest reply

That's why I avoid CS at all cost.
Sorry they script read and put you on hold, Most posters here know ebay Policies & site better then the outsourced offshore script reading CS department. (VENT)

If it is a know issue posted in spots all over these boards  I prefer to ask Heidi or Trinton to pass it along. And am Thankful they now monitor the boards .

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all - Our tech team is aware of the issue and are working to have it resolved. It seems to be isolated to relisting books or revising items in those categories. If you're running into this, you can try to create a new listing or do a Sell Similar as opposed to relisting the item. Give that a try and I'll add your user IDs to the report in the meantime. Thanks for looping us in here, @labs118!

Message 13 of 62
latest reply

In the olden days I used a scanner but now it's photographing. I am not standing at the front of the line in photographic skills though. 

Some say that we shouldn't use stock photos at all because it doesn't show the actual book. *shrug*

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all - Our tech team is aware of the issue and are working to have it resolved. It seems to be isolated to relisting books or revising items in those categories. If you're running into this, you can try to create a new listing or do a Sell Similar as opposed to relisting the item. Give that a try and I'll add your user IDs to the report in the meantime. Thanks for looping us in here, @labs118!

I tried a Sell Similar and still no luck with the stock photo. The catalog has decided not to provide a photo even though it did when the book was first listed. This means tracking down books in inventory to add a photo - big time sink. 

Don't forget the problem with the catalog  not allowing us to change the category - another major problem.

Message 15 of 62
latest reply